erturn piperubber on bx

RottenFox

Tadpole
hi,looking for some advice for a bx tzd,and i hear this is the place to be:D

the return pipe from my front pressure regulator is connected with a rubber pipe,and 2 clips,rubber is narrow at one end,fat at the other,with a ridge to hold the pipe inside. does any one know the part no. or what i could use as a replace ment for the rubber,as my local citroen dealer doesnt have this in stock or on the parts guide at all.he wanted me to buy a full perssure regulator unitl.
i found this as a price guide,but am unsure if its right..its from fsg's site in the uk.
N43406 return pipe bx with pas octopus return pipe £28.30.
any info would be much appreciated,as the rubber has split and its now stuck in teh garage undriveable.

Sounds like you need to buy an octopus! GSF is probably the best place to get it. DO NOT put any other kind of rubber, or plastic pipe in there, even as a get out of trouble bodge, as the rubber has to be compatable with LHM fluid.
When you come to do the job, do it one "leg" at a time, so you know how it should be installed. The car will need to be on ramps. john s

god damn my spelling in that post..jeez!
anyhoo,its the 2" long rubber from pressure regulator to return pipe,it had one original clip on it,which has rusted,and one jubilee clip on it,and along the seam its either perished,or burst.
the mechanic removed the part,and pressed the seam,and it split,cracking when bent.so its just that part i reckon..i hope..
but the part number would be a handy thing to have ,as i have 2 dealers within 30 miles of me .

A very usefull resource for owners of newer citroen cars, (not GS, CX, DS, etc) is www.citroen-pr.net

You need to create a fictious buisness account first, and then you too will have the exploded parts lists that the dealers have!!
The AX and BX are listed there. Let me know how you get on, john s

PR-net is slow as buggery tonight so I can't get into the hydraulic section, but if I recall from previous searches through there, they don't list that return hose. I have a TZD as well that it was leaking on - soldered up a couple of pieces of different sized soft copper tubing to match each end (crimped larger one over small one and soldered all around joint) and then used short pieces of rubber hose to clamp to the respective pipe ends on car...hasn't leaked since. That part is common to all BXs, so if you can find a wreck near you, should be able to 'salvage' it...