Eastern Creek Open Day Easter Saturday

parry

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Guys, I will be heading down to eastern creek to see how the new suspension on the 205 handles turn one, flat chat I hope!

Its open to any road registered car on Saturday and costs $110 for the whole day. Its going to be quite busy I think as it has been advertised on Nova.

I will also be running a few laps in the 405mi16.

Come down, it would great to have some pugs to play with.

parry said:
Guys, I will be heading down to eastern creek to see how the new suspension on the 205 handles turn one, flat chat I hope!

Its open to any road registered car on Saturday and costs $110 for the whole day. Its going to be quite busy I think as it has been advertised on Nova.

I will also be running a few laps in the 405mi16.

Come down, it would great to have some pugs to play with.

damn, if it we're next week I would have come, im getting a new cam put in my 405mi16 on monday... I live really close to eastern creek...

If it's being advertised on NOVA, I'd be a bit hestitant on going myself.

I'm looking at going down to Wakefield in early May though...

I don't listen to Nova so I'm not sure of it's target audience, but does this indicate a certain type of person or driver or car is likely to turn up? too much RICE for the day maybe?

I'm still looking for new tyres so a day on the track is probably out (maybe I should go just to really finish them off..) but a new camera is just crying out to be fully tested here for the day and maybe I could add a few pics to the current 'rice it up!' thread in the humour section........

Hmmmmmm, Wakefield in May sounds good though......

Cheers

Correction, Nova was advertising the drag meet on the Friday night! Saturday was not mentioned, so it should not be so busy.

Are there any additional costs, Parry? I guess I'll need to hire a helmet...licence costs?

Jason20 said:
im getting a new cam put in my 405mi16 on monday...

One of Peter T's inlet cams?

Cal.

I dont think you can hire a helmet at eastern creek, there are no additional charges.

parry said:
I dont think you can hire a helmet at eastern creek, there are no additional charges.
http://www.eastern-creek-raceway.com/ride_days.htm

Ride and Drive Days

HOW TO EXCEED THE SPEED LIMIT WITHOUT GETTING FINED

Motorists wanting to drive fast without getting fined or locked up for speeding now have a safe location to test their cars performance. Management at Sydney’s Eastern Creek Raceway are making the race circuit available to licensed drivers to lap the track in road-registered cars as fast as they wish.

An Eastern Creek Drive Day is being conducted from 9am till 5pm on Easter Saturday, April 10th 2004.

Responsible enthusiasts now have the opportunity to enjoy the power of their cars in a safe controlled environment. Drivers need to hold a full licence and be over 18 years of age, cars must be registered and road worthy. A limited number of cars are on track in each session. Overtaking is only permitted on the main straight. At sign on drivers will be issued with a set of rules and regulations. No bookings required. Sign on at medical centre.

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" style="border-collapse: collapse;" id="table1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">WHAT:</td> <td valign="top">Drive Day. No speed limit</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">WHEN:</td> <td valign="top">Easter Saturday, April 10th 2004
9am till 5pm. Sign on from 8am.</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">WHERE:</td> <td valign="top">Eastern Creek Raceway. Enter via gate 7</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">COST:</td> <td valign="top">$110.00 inc GST per driver. CAMS license holders $90.00 inc GST </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">REGULATIONS: </td> <td valign="top">
  • Drivers must be over 18 years of age and require:
  • Full drivers licence (no P plates) presented at sign on.
  • Cars must be registered and road worthy.
  • Approved crash helmet must be worn along with
    a non synthetic long sleeve shirt, long pants and enclosed shoes.
  • An indemnity document is to be signed.

Note: If you wish to take advantage of the CAMS licence discount
    your license must be sighted at sign on.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">FURTHER INFO: </td> <td valign="top">EASTERN CREEK RACEWAY
Ph: (02) 96721000
Email: phil@ardc.com.au</td></tr></tbody> </table>

Those prices are unreal! It's great to see Eastern Creek finally coming down to earth with their prices.

I think there is a big market in track days, and Wakefield Park has been cashing in on it for a long time. Bring on the competition!

Pary,

did you go? how did the new suspension take to EC?

Has anyone else gone?

I never made it - any reports from anyone who did? Crowds? Participant quality?

N5GTi6 said:
I never made it - any reports from anyone who did? Crowds? Participant quality?

It was a busy day, especially when they had race cars there as well. Everybody got 3 20min sessions.

The groupings were very good from what I saw, I was grouped with L2S Cams drivers and we were able to overtake anywhere on the circuit.

Our little pug pug performed very well and once again embarrasing a few quicker cars.

There was some very nice machinery there!!!