Easter Bathurst 2021 - TCR, GT, Historic Touring, 6 Hour Production Cars, and more.

Fordman

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
(I have double checked this time for dates and track location, haha) ;)

Cheers.
Been there, done that. I find as I get older, what doesn't fall off, either sags, or doesn't work. :evil: :rolllaugh:

I note the S5000s are not scheduled. Maybe they didn't get authorised by Motorsport Australia due to the track layout (ie, too dangerous), or maybe because with only 11/12 cars on the long track it wouldn't be a decent race? Either way, probably a good decision.

Yeah don't know actually. They have had other race car class there prior, Formula 3, Vee, Ford and all those cool Radicals.

Yep I watched Formula 3 there a few years back. The Easter event is great as there is plenty of room to move around
XVYqUDd.jpg

What a craking photos showing the heat blemish in the front tyre!

Neat!

What a craking photos showing the heat blemish in the front tyre!

Neat!
Also usually called a Flat Spot. Great example of a flat spot. The wheel will generally stop at the same place during any subsequent "threshold braking".
At Bathurst, down conrod straight, a flat spot front or rear would cause the biggest vibration that driver has ever felt :eek:

Any info on the FTA TV Schedule?
From the ARG website:
SATURDAY/SUNDAY
ARG categories will be broadcast live and free on Channel 7 Saturdays and Sundays.

STREAMING ON 7PLUS
ANYTIME/ANYWHERE
All races will be available for fans to watch anytime, anywhere on 7plus.

(Streaming 7plus is also free, usually with a bit more coverage).

Not very informative, I guess more details will be released during the week.

7mate:
Saturday 07.00-10.00 (WA). (10.00-13.00 AEDT).

Sunday 08.00-15.30 (WA). (10.00-17.30 AET - check this because I think daylight saving finished overnight).

Don't know times for streaming on 7Plus but usually it starts a bit earlier.
Edit:
7Plus -
Saturday same start, runs on to 5.30pm Eastern time.
Sunday starts earlier at 8.00am Eastern.

I note that all 3 TCR races are within the 7Mate TV schedule.

Check your own programs, may be different to WA coverage.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Mostert's Audi dominated but closely followed by Aaron Cameron's Peugeot.
Cameron was first away in each race but Mostert was able to catch him each time.
https://tcraustralia.com/2021/04/04/mostert-completes-exceptional-bathurst-clean-sweep/

Saturday Race 2 was a beauty. Race 3 was interrupted with safety cars.
https://tcraustralia.com/videos/

Moffatt's Megane had a good run for once, climbed from near back of field in Race 1 to start 7th in Race 3 and I think finished 6th.
Jordan Cox outstanding in an Alfa coming from last grid position in Race 1 to advance each race and finished 3rd at end of Race 3.

Personally, I think Bathurst is a bit long for TCR racing, unless you had about 30 cars. IMO they suit a tighter track like Sandown. I would love to see them at Wanneroo in WA, I think our track would really suit TCR.

Cheers.