Early Renault in Canada

Mike Tippett

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
The Barnsley family of Victoria BC Canada apparently were well off and must have spared no expense in importing this Renault to the West Coast. The photo was taken at Langford Lake, about 15 km west of the city. City of Victoria archives.
Barnsley Family in Renault Langford Lake 1908.jpeg

Nice one and thanks for thinking of us. Do you think it's a type G like this one..?

I think that looks exactly like it. Thanks! I was blown away to find an "early early" photo of a Renault here. The first sales I'd confirmed before were sporadic 4CV units in the late 1940s. Renault officially arrived in 1958.

I think that looks exactly like it. Thanks! I was blown away to find an "early early" photo of a Renault here. The first sales I'd confirmed before were sporadic 4CV units in the late 1940s. Renault officially arrived in 1958.
The side radiators are slightly different but it does look right, doesn't it? That must be one of the last with the De Dion engine, and it looks like a Type A derivative, extended slightly in length and with a big gear lever instead of the quadrant control. The second photo is a Type C.

Renault exported from very early days.
1900 Type A and 1950 4CV in 2017.jpg
Renault Type C driving sml.jpg

The side radiators are slightly different but it does look right, doesn't it? That must be one of the last with the De Dion engine, and it looks like a Type A derivative, extended slightly in length and with a big gear lever instead of the quadrant control. The second photo is a Type C.

Renault exported from very early days.
index.php
That's at Montlhéry :love:

That's at Montlhéry :love:
You didn't need me to say there was a clue in the background. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven that weekend.

I still want the Nervasport.

Attachments

• 1903 Type K Paris Vienna car engine sml.jpg
    1903 Type K Paris Vienna car engine sml.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 1906 French GP car sml.jpg
    1906 French GP car sml.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Monte Carlo winning Nervasport sml.jpg
    Monte Carlo winning Nervasport sml.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 191