Early Hydraulic pump bolts

Greg

Fellow Frogger
Hi All,

Looking for some early hydraulic pump bolts fro the 7 piston pump for our 6H. They are not the same as later bolts. Ronald from Citrotech says he has never seen them before?

I only have 4:

Anyone who has a few, in an old collection of early DS bolts, I would love to buy them from you.

Best regards,

Greg

BTW, the 6H 7 piston pump, is almost identical to that used till the last of those pumps, that was used in the CX, apart from the location of the suction pipe, and that the pump outlet pipe is used as the pump mount as well (like early DS's), is that the 6H pump uses a brass bush at the back of the swash plate, and later pumps on the DS changed to a needle bearing.

Guess they got of lot of hydraulic parts right the first time. Greg

Attachments

• IMG_0738.JPG
    IMG_0738.JPG
    768.3 KB · Views: 90
Sorry, not really...........I can just use the later bolts, but thought that someone may have some early originals.

Bets regards,

Greg

I've never seen a bolt like that used on a citroen I've worked on ( I admit, hardly any compared to most people on here). Is there a reason they designed like that?

Greg,

Here a photo of the bolts on the DS 7 piston pumps… would they be the same? If yes, someone here surely has an old pump they can spare.
1CCC1EFB-1515-418C-AE10-3545345C6AD4.jpeg

Yours doesn't look to have the bolts with the raised head he is after. I'm guessing the only place to find these would be Europe unless someone has a Big 6 H wreck in there backyard ?

Hi Greg, I have a 6H pump and I think the 4 special bolts are all you need the other 3 are differen.6BCF020A-BEF3-49F0-B217-A09C80A82007.jpegC97E766A-FE6C-4480-9478-CD66FA6CBF24.jpeg

Those bolts would be a snap to machine out of suitably sized hex bar. All one would need is dimensions. I would be more than happy to, but being in the US, shipping cost alone would most likely more than having them made locally. Note - not 'really' a new member 😀.

they are different bolts again? the first picture shows a slight dome in the head of the bolt, the pump above has recesses. Its good to know citroen have always been the same ..... never ever consistent :ROFLMAO:

robo's pump could well be from a later car. It would not be surprising if the original Traction pump was replaced at some point. Those 4 bolts with a depression in the head are the same items I have on an old LHM pump here, so presumably a later pump. They are hidden behind the pulley and there are only 4 of them. So, the 4 bolts shown at the start of this thread, presuming they were original Traction items, may be the full set for that pump.

An original 6H pump has the fluid supply pick-up pipe fitted to the rear of the casing, not on the diameter of the casing as in the pictures. So at some stage, an early DS pump has been fitted to the 6H. My old 6H was also fitted with an early DS pump!
Check out the following ( plate 17H)

Last edited: