DS5 information & query

Leanmor

Fellow Frogger
Recently brought a 2015/16 DS5 (the updated Non Citroen model, 60th anniversary) but it has a Citroen badge on the back below the DS5 badge, question is, did the previous owner add this or ??

Attachments

• DS5 1 small.jpg
    DS5 1 small.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 138
  • DS5 2 small.jpg
    DS5 2 small.jpg
    734.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
If it has the chevrons at the front, it'll have a Citroen badge below the DS badge...

It looks to be correct using a VIN for another of the later DS5 Blue HDi sold in AU:
You get 3 + 15 + 17 on the tailgate. Also shown is the expensive roof decal #10.

1630389197123.png

Hi,
Your front end photo has the redesigned DS grill, without the Citroen chevron grill. I thought the 60th anniversary model was the first year of the DS brand (when Citroen separated the two brands).
The wheel centres should have a DS logo and not the Citroen chevrons, as should the steering wheel.
I'd guess the previous owner perhaps added the Citroen badge at the rear. It's probably just an adhesive badge anyway.

It's odd. While it will just be a stick-on, it is shown in the parts diagram via the VIN of a similar DS5 I had borrowed to look it up. However, looking at a photo of that car, which I know has never been damaged, it has no Citroen badge, nor is it there in photos of the back end of a few others. Maybe, it was a panel shop error in going strictly by the parts book or someone just wanted to add it? Maybe, the local dealer stuck it on to help sell it in a market where DS was unknown??? It's not 'wrong' per the parts catalogue, but that does sometimes have errors or just variations because the DS range was regarded as 'personalised'. There was an attempt to make DS a separate brand without Citroen badging, so up to you if you keep it or remove it.

Thanks guys for your responses, I will leave it in place as it looks ok I was just a bit surprised it was there as all the youtube articles comment on no Citroen decals a standard.
Love the car it's brilliant :dance:

I'm familiar with a (delivered in Dec) 2015 60th edition DS5, and there is no "Citroën" Badge on the tailgate, just DS.

IMG_4124.jpg

An add-on question please, I have just added an app Mycitroen so I could check for map updates, went to add vehicle using the VIN # and vin unknown message is displayed ! DOH can anybody help ??

I'm familiar with a (delivered in Dec) 2015 60th edition DS5, and there is no "Citroën" Badge on the tailgate, just DS.
What a great color on it.

DS5 is a really nice thing. My wife loves hers.
Ride can be tamed by fitting 225/50-18R Primacy 4s'. Not cheap, but an overall inexpensive solution.

What a great color on it.

DS5 is a really nice thing. My wife loves hers.
Ride can be tamed by fitting 225/50-18R Primacy 4s'. Not cheap, but an overall inexpensive solution.
Yeah I like it but didn't get a choice on the colour, still very happy.
The tyre size is 235/40R19 I'm wondering what size I could change to to improve ride??

See two posts above #11. And I can vouch for that too on my C5X7.

Cheers, Ken

See two posts above #11. And I can vouch for that too on my C5X7.
Our C5X7 is just about up for tyres (<25kkm on the ps4's)
will be going for P4s in 235/50-R18 for better low speed ride and hopefully some more life.
i usually don't worry about tyre wear as we don't do many klicks. But this was a shorter life than I expected.
the ps4 only have <couple of mm of tread left and now slip a bit on 'firm' acceleration. Time for them to go.

Sorry, there aren't any size options that will fit in the allowed size range 😞

Swap to 18 or 17 rims?
Thanks for that info, I have also figured out why the VIN # is not recognised by MYCITROEN (your gonna love this) it's a DS so I downloaded the MYDS app but when configuring the country for Australia there's no Australian dropdown option, DOH checkmate 😢

Glad to hear your enjoying the DS5 undoubtedly one of the finest built French/European cars around, still a head turner. With the map updates, if you live in Sydney John Brown at ReviveMyLion updated my maps about 15 months ago on my DS5 (2013 DS Sport). The tailgate badging on the Citroen Chevrons DS5 from the selection above is A + 3 only. With the tyres when it was time to replace the originals I looked around at alternative replacement options but in the end I decided to replace as per the originals those being ContiSport Contacts 235/45 R 18 Y.

Can I ask DS5 DSPORT a question about the cost of his map updates from John Brown from revivemylion please ???
Just so I know when I'm being taken for a ride (pardon the pun) 😏
Thanks in advance