DS Spheres.. "Get a Grip".

GreenBlood

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Had to swap the rear spheres on the D today, time for a re-gas, more than likely they will need new diaphrams.

I've used an improvised tool in the past, a tube with a belt threaded through the centre but it seems it has not aged well - the belt is now too stretched and will not grip the sphere.

Off to Super Cheap and picked up this little beauty.. TFT Speciality Tools part number TF7694 'Strap Handle Oil Filter Wrench (400mm) perfect for the larger diametre DS spheres and of course will also work with the newer bulb spheres. At $8.50 a bargain.

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• DS Sphere tool1a.jpg
    DS Sphere tool1a.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 247
  • DS Sphere tool2a.jpg
    DS Sphere tool2a.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 244
  • DS Sphere tool3a.jpg
    DS Sphere tool3a.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 261
UFO said:
Wow, Greenblood did some mechanical work. I am impressed:tongue::D

Tool... :D I mean what about the tool.... :evil:

Cheers
Chris

pugrambo said:
take note though, it only shows the tool hanging off the sphere

GB never did take a shot of the car with the sphere removed from the car :D

Very good point there! Hmmm, who really did the work then?

I can just see GB sitting there in a comfy chair "supervising" while checking the levels in a bottle of Chardy.:cool::clown:

UFO said:
Very good point there! Hmmm, who really did the work then?

I can just see GB sitting there in a comfy chair "supervising" while checking the levels in a bottle of Chardy.:cool::clown:

...but, but, I did, I did.. I love working on the D it's all so familiar and friendly, not like those new fangled BXs and later stuff.

Why look here, it's a picture of one of the nasty Xantia spheres that will help the rear float while the lovely D spheres are in Citroen hospital...

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• DS Sphere tool4a.jpg
    DS Sphere tool4a.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 233