DS Radiator repairs

KAndy

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
As I’m refreshing and replacing bits I noticed the radiator could do with some attention.
Any recommendations for DS radiator repairs in Melbourne (we’re open again!)
Its a ‘74.
Thanks

I just had my 74 D special radiator repaired (replacement core etc) at Pansino Radiators at 441 Victoria St in West Brunswick. Tel 9380 1411 email sales@panrad.com. They did a very good job. $500.

Second vote for Pansino.... they did my Jag radiator earlier this year Andy and were great to deal with. cheers, jon around the corner.

Aussie Desert Coolers in Thomastown

Did new 4CV radiator for me in high quality materials for 400, have also done 404 and 240Z radiators and heater cores

Will repair and are honest about whether it can be fixed or needs to be done from scratch - have taken stuff in to be re-cored and have got it back fixed for 30 bucks

They do everything from old veteran honeycombs etc to new aluminium rads. Can make from scratch in modern materials or can do to type in old stuff

I have always found them honest, helpful and very competent

Best Wishes

Andrew

Just make sure he securely solders the bottom tank into the mounting plate.

When I had Moby Dick's radiator re-cored in 2006 or so, the bottom rail was only lightly sweated on. I didn't find this out until hitting a bump dislodged the main body of the radiator and caused grief. Fortunately the core was undamaged and I was able to hold the whole assembly in place with a ratchet strap arrangement to get us home.

From memory I used Greensborough radiators, but not sure whether I would recommend after that.

Cheers, Pottsy.