DS Queer Behaviour

pottsy said:
The (temporary) Solution Works!

I've modified a pair of old stops from (I think) the CX I wrecked many years ago.
Put enough of it back together to enable a test drive and Lo & Behold, She no longer does the humpy bumpy!

Thanks all for the input. Pottsy.

Isn't that interesting! Does this mean that they really did fall off on both sides, then allowing greater vertical movement than normal, that in turn bewildered the height correctors?

Just imagine - you could do this with electronic sensors and six microprocessors and then only have to diagnose with a multimeter........ Nightmare territory.

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there? Surely only one or two microprocessors would suffice?

Yes, the excessive vertical movement scenario seems to be on the money. Thanks must go to Nick at Cars of France for suggesting a problem with bumpstops and guiding me in the general direction.

Your description of the height corrector's state of mind recalls last night.

Myself and Mrs P went to the last Billy Connolly gig in Melbourne last night. One of his many highlights in a 2 1/2 Hr screamingly funny monologue was that a mate of his would never admit to getting drunk. He would say instead: "Aboot nineish I came over a bit bewildered!" Mr Connolly's demonstration of the similarity between drunkenness and bewilderment was a classic!

My sides are still aching!

pottsy said:
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there? Surely only one or two microprocessors would suffice?

Yes, the excessive vertical movement scenario seems to be on the money. Thanks must go to Nick at Cars of France for suggesting a problem with bumpstops and guiding me in the general direction.

Only the slightest hint! I really like simple mechanical things, and some of my friends don't understand why I put the coil and carburettor CX into that category, whilst driving computers on wheels.

Nice bit of diagnosis, I agree. I won't forget it. Glad you enjoyed Billy C.

Cheers