DS boot lamp switch

forumnoreason

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I recently purchased a NOS boot lamp shroud from Andre Pol and the switch but I'm missing the support for the switch, just looking at Scot the frogs image from resto thread, can you buy these or does anyone have a spare they are willing to oofload?
Cheers Steven image.jpg

I recently purchased a NOS boot lamp shroud from Andre Pol and the switch but I'm missing the support for the switch, just looking at Scot the frogs image from resto thread, can you buy these or does anyone have a spare they are willing to oofload?
Cheers StevenView attachment 77252

Hi Steven,
Not quite sure what you mean by 'switch support'. Would you pm me if this stuff is what you are looking for. cheers Kevin
IMG_2034.JPGIMG_2032.JPGboot light switch.jpg

Hi Steven,
Not quite sure what you mean by 'switch support'. Would you pm me if this stuff is what you are looking for. cheers Kevin

Hi Kevin,
I think Steven is after the early mechanical style switch 'mount' you can see in his pic, rather than the gravity switch used on later cars :confused:

77252d1448149565-ds-boot-lamp-switch-image.jpg

Cheers
Chris

Ah ok I have a switch that "jiggles" - weight , so guessing that it is like the last photo Kevin , I saw Scot's set up with 'shroud' type mount so assumed the switch went into that, two different switch types so actually thanks to both you and Chris I actually am right for this. Except tried to find a 38mm festoon bulb for it today and local supplier did not have, 41 and 36mm wrong wattage etc etc. Funny thing happened as segue, bought some spheres from France for Xantia and bingo fisshing spam emails from Directe Nationale today looking for secuirty reset. Yeah right, beware online shoppers!
we're in the build up so most logic has gone out the window hence half baked questions! That's my excuse and I'm holding firm on it! Sante mec!

Last edited:
Ah ok I have a switch that "jiggles" - weight , so guessing that it is like the last photo Kevin , I saw Scot's set up with 'shroud' type mount so assumed the switch went into that, two different switch types so actually thanks to both you and Chris I actually am right for this. Except tried to find a 38mm festoon bulb for it today and local supplier did not have, 41 and 36mm wrong wattage etc etc. Funny thing happened as segue, bought some spheres from France for Xantia and bingo fisshing spam emails from Directe Nationale today looking for secuirty reset. Yeah right, beware online shoppers!
we're in the build up so most logic has gone out the window hence half baked questions! That's my excuse and I'm holding firm on it! Sante mec!

Hi Steven, sorry I can't help except for gravity type switch which I made up from scrap. And good luck with 38mm festoon bulbs. I used 'gentle persuasion, and fitted 36mm but now I am having trouble finding those. But it is a good excuse to search the racks in airconditioned comfort. One of the blokes at the local Repco is a Citroen fanatic so not many stones are left unturned when he has the time on his hands. Will grab you a couple if I get lucky but suggest another quite one in the mean time. Cheers. Kevin

Thanks Chris for your comment. K

Hi Steven, sorry I can't help except for gravity type switch which I made up from scrap. And good luck with 38mm festoon bulbs. I used 'gentle persuasion, and fitted 36mm but now I am having trouble finding those. But it is a good excuse to search the racks in airconditioned comfort. One of the blokes at the local Repco is a Citroen fanatic so not many stones are left unturned when he has the time on his hands. Will grab you a couple if I get lucky but suggest another quite one in the mean time. Cheers. Kevin

Thanks Chris for your comment. K

Citroworld have them at Euro6.00 each :eek:

This may be a better option
10 Interior Light Festoon Bulbs 12V 6W SU8 5 8 OE 254 38mm X 11mm Austin Rover | eBay

. . .maybe LED, 12 year life.
Philips X-treme Vision Festoon LED C5W 6000K 38mm (single bulb) | PowerBulbs

Cheers
Chris

thanks Chris, Kevin, those LED jobbies sure ain't cheap! In my best Fargo accent.