Doug de Muro reviews the Citroen CX

The thing about CX's .... is the way they drive. He drove it around a driveway and that's it. Who cares what it looks like ... The indictors don't cancel, because Citroen didn't want them to, not because there is no steering column :rolleyes: Unfortunately it sounded like the turbo wasn't working on that car. The CX is slow compared to american cars, but shouldn't be too bad. We should have been able to hear the turbo quite clearly whenever he accelerated.

That was a really nice looking car. A prestige turbo with only 70,000miles on it. What a rippa :dance: :dance:

He certainly seems to be a typical inward-looking American with no real idea about what the CX was about. No mention that I caught of the origin of the name CX, even though he did use the words "drag co-efficient" at one stage. And yes, he just seemed to drive it sedately around the block on some sort of narrow bitumen path. Hardly a road test. But it did look to be a fairly nice car despite some things (electrical of course) obviously not working.

Gee I hope our American friends on Aussiefrogs don't take offence at the above descriptions and reflect on a few dopey Australians they have met!

Certainly no offence meant to anyone. But anyway, the Americans I have noticed on here are far from inward-looking and by the very fact that they are on here show they are worldly wise and have the class to respect French cars.. Young Mr de Muro apparently does not.

I think the common US cars of the CX era are weird, It's really what you are used to.

My 9 year old son likes this guy's videos, and they really do seem to be aimed at about that sort of level.

For someone who produces car videos, he seems to be staggeringly ignorant about cars or anything mechanical.

Give the guy some credit - after getting excited about the height control lever, he actually mentions that the suspension is self-levelling!

a lot of people on here seem to be happy poking crap a him and jay leno but I would say to you get off your lazy arse make a you tube channel and show us how to do it then. Apparently you love the cars but when they get airplay you carry on like idiots grow up.

a lot of people on here seem to be happy poking crap a him and jay leno but I would say to you get off your lazy arse make a you tube channel and show us how to do it then. Apparently you love the cars but when they get airplay you carry on like idiots grow up.
Oooooohhh!
As if the world needs more youtube stuff.
If it's worth making, surely it's worth making well?
Otherwise it goes in the bin with 95% of the Interweb.

Lazy arses indeed!

these videos are great!

He does a really nice job. My favourite bit is where holds the Xantia rear brake accumulator and says "this hole here is what changes the ride softness" :ROFLMAO:

He has nice videos on quite a few other "non-exotic" cars such as rovers and old jags/daimlers as well.