Do wish to electrify your classic Froggy ?

Our pre dpf 2007 1.6T HDI C4 does not stink at all. I've followed it closely in my DS, no detectable fumes at all.
However, those rotten egg petrol stinkers, that lay down a trail as they try to accelerate past..... they are the worst.
I think my XR6 Ute was one of those but inside was fine🤪
Even idling odour was offensive, but nothing like my parents old 300D idling in the garage, guess who had to open the roll a door behind the tailpipe, being the youngest slave, I mean child.

I think Rogers suggestion of selectable custom audio would be fun!
Can you imagine a Lanz Bulldog approaching at 100km/hr.....
That would be scary.
Didn't realize you old dudes where into sick sound systems. :ROFLMAO:

I think Rogers suggestion of selectable custom audio would be fun!
Can you imagine a Lanz Bulldog approaching at 100km/hr.....
That would be scary.

Maybe you could setup the electric motor so it automatically reverses its direction randomly if you overload it too :D

when i went to school the milk crates were carried into the class room [by me]and placed on the heater so they were worm at play lunch , Coberg in winter

I've been thinking about something like this for a while. Fortunately the car has a towbar, so I can tow a trailer with my Lister diesel genset in it.
Anyone know how much current the auxiliary pins on a Utilux 7-pin plug will carry?
That would certainly alleviate the need of finding somewhere on the vehicle to store half a ton of batteries.

Reactions: WLB
Sounds like a plan.. Just in case buy a diesel genset and two 20 litre fuel cans with a towbar attachment to give extended range to the "Urban milk float" we might be forced to buy - and nicely screen printed suitable signage attached of course... I am green with anticipation :sick:

Ken:rolleyes:

I'm holding out for switchable audio simulation. Just think of the options ...

2CV
DS
Lanz Bulldog
Stanley Steamer
Beyer Garratt
Benz V10 truck
Detroit 8V-92
Formula 1
Super Modified Tractor Pull
Supertanker
Saturn V

Roger
There was a local establishment here that used to offer lunchtime hand stimulation with options starting at $5. Plenty of blokes used to hold out for that one also. That was until it was firebombed [twice] [Probably the lithium battery].

No, all diesels are stinky piles of shit ;) Especially pre DPF things like old Pugs… Even if you can’t see the smoke, you can sure as shit smell the bloody things.
Yes indeed my rooted lungs are testament to that after nearly 40 years in the diesel industry. Bad lungs bad heart and diesel skin allergy but in 2005 I bought a diesel car. Never have figured that one out. Must have been age based senility I reckon.

There's a whole lot of Citroen DS and other conversions on YouTube. Interesting stuff.

Firstly, most all old cars stink. Modern exhaust are significantly cleaner.

"Crate motor" is a term long used in the USA for a replacement long motor delivered from the factory, presumably in a crate!

Yes indeed my rooted lungs are testament to that after nearly 40 years in the diesel industry. Bad lungs bad heart and diesel skin allergy but in 2005 I bought a diesel car. Never have figured that one out. Must have been age based senility I reckon.
That is interesting from the point of how easy it was to convince the "crowd" so many years ago that Diesel fumes were so much safer to your health than petrol fumes. :eek: As a child I can remember the sagely advice along those lines, and never really challenged then, became one of those accepted public "Facts" , everyone knew it. o_O Or quite effective grooming propaganda viewed in retrospect?

Of course your buying of a Diesel might just have been a practical acceptance of the prevailing notion that swept Europe and lead to them mandating that the "crowd" of that era should switch to Diesel as it was much cheaper and more efficient, so less polluting in terms of economies as it meant lower replacement cost in the bigger picture. I seem to even remember those engines tended to outlast petrol fueled ICE vehicles as well, why they even had entire Bus Fleets Diesel Fueled that just kept going forever.:unsure:

France apparently went for that truthful fact and mandated people replace with Diesel, sadly a few years later they changed their mind and got into a whole lot of trouble with people (motorists) who had taken that advice as the Gospel truth, used their hard earned cash or credit debt to purchase Diesels and felt compelled to go out in yellow vests in protest at New truth mandated government changes.

Argh! Tis a changing world and he who holds the truth/propaganda keys, commands the world. The "crowd" do as they should and accept and embrace the real truth, until the next truth becomes us. If that helps you figure out the "why factor" shanadoo!

Enjoy that aged based reality AKA senility in the process.

Ken:)

My parents diesel car from the 70’s came with a sticker on the back window with the emblem and the words anti-pollution. It fascinated me considering all the smelly black stuff that poured out of it. Now I know. Thank you.

In my younger visitation it was common to sniff the diesel exhaust output to see how she was burning, if the timing was right or maybe the compressions could be a subject of investigation, all sorts of stuff like that. Quick snorts only was enough, one didn't linger around the fountain. Your nose was the diesel exhaust analyzer in those days. How stupid we all were/are.

In my younger visitation it was common to sniff the diesel exhaust output to see how she was burning, if the timing was right or maybe the compressions could be a subject of investigation, all sorts of stuff like that. Quick snorts only was enough, one didn't linger around the fountain. Your nose was the diesel exhaust analyzer in those days. How stupid we all were/are.
Nothing liken the sound and smell of an over-carburetted, over-cammed V8 loping away at idle.

"I love the smell of partially combusted gasoline in the morning".🙊

Yes, and blowing the dust out of brake drums and bellhousings when fitting new parts.🗣