Do we want to be in a magazine?

gibgib

Local Tyrant
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Seeking input for the questions Steven is asking. I received this email last week so it is a bit belated sleepy

-----------------------------------------------

Hi

My name is Steve Cleary from F2A online magazine. We are distributed to
all subscribers to Free2Air, Australia's first free internet service
provider.
I am currently researching a story on car clubs, and am focussing on
those with an online presence. We would love to include a link to your
page in our magazine, along with a little bit of information.
Would it be possible to get yourself, club president or other member to
answer some brief questions about the club and send them back to us by
Monday April 15? (THIS IS 100 % FREE)

Thanks for your time.
Regards,
Steven Cleary
Editor
F2A magazine.
<a href="http://www.free2air.com.au" target="_blank">www.free2air.com.au</a>

1) How many members does the club have?

2) What are the conditions of membership?

3) What makes you passionate about your car(s), and what makes it special?

4) What is the inspiration behind getting involved in a club?

5) When was it set up?

6) What benefits are there to members (ie sharing expertise and knowledge,
social aspects)?

1) There are currently 685 registered users on Froggy Forum, although registration is only required if a user intends to post.

2) The only condition is to read the disclaimer & click agree. The disclaimer is common sense really.

3) We take driving our cars more seriously than getting from point A to point B. The French cover all bases when it comes to motoring very smarty.
The best riding cars, fastest, most comfortable & & usually a combination of all these can be found in Citroen, Peugeot or Renault.

4) General interest & gaining knowledge from other's experiences with problems or improvements to their "pride & joy".

5) aussiefrogs.com was set up in January 2000
Froggy Forum started March 2000.

6) Being able to carry out some simple to major repairs with the support of others who have perhaps carried out the task before. Some members arrange outings or "cruises" in their local area through use of the forum.

Anyone like to add?
:)

Hi gibgib,
I think it's a great idea, it'll promote both the web site and the forum,it might also bring more people to the forum. It's quite obvious from reading the forums just how passionate were are about a FRENCH CARS.

Send them some stickers...send them some stickers!!! tongue tongue

send them some trout... send them some trout clown

Seriously blush can't see any harm, should help promote the site, maybe get more people driving French cars. Has anyone seen the F2A online mag? Is it something we want to be associated with?

Cheers
Chris

Someone had to bring up the trout didn't they GB shy :) :confused: tongue approve :cool: :confused: :mad: <font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial" color="#000080"> (Hey, there are too many to choose from now)</font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial" >

Call me stupid or tell me I have a sheltered life but I have to ask, what is with the;

TROUT???

An acronym perhaps???

Go on then - have a laugh! Class " clown " here! :p :D :rolleyes: :D

Stu G

I'm going to take an ultra wild guess and say it might have something to do with the trout message thingy that's in mIRC

but I missed the aussiefrogs chat/maximum users figure doctoring frown

Rek gets the 'Golden Trout Award' clown :p clown

Cheers
Chris

Im sorry, I am not revealing anything.

I think its time more people get in to our IRC channel so they too can sit here like us and chuckle at...

<font size="6" color="#E21187" face="Verdana"> <u>The Trout </font size="6" face="Verdana"> </u>