Discussion - High Performance Engine Oil

Mary Dick

Fellow Frogger
We are undertaking a market research project looking at attitudes to high performance engine oil among owners of prestige/sports cars.

To facilitate this, we are holding a number of focus (discussion) groups in St Leonards on Monday 4 June and Tuesday 5 June 2001 in the early evening. There will be approximately 8 people in each group, led by a moderator. Refreshments will be provided and the meeting will last for approximately one and a quarter hours. We anticipate a friendly, informal discussion between people enthusiastic about their cars and keeping them maintained to a high standard.

We are offering $100 cash as a thank you to participants, which will be given to them at the conclusion of the discussion. I assure you that this is not a marketing attempt - no effort will be made to sell or promote any product and individual names and comments will be kept entirely confidential.

I would be delighted if any members of your club who are interested in participating in this project could telephone me on (02) 9969 5500, day or evening, weekday or weekend - as soon as possible as the meetings are early next week!

Regards
Mary

Hi Guys,

this sounds extremely dodgy to me. No-one gives away $100bucks for nothing. It's probably another pyramid scheme selling additives. I'd avoid......

seeya,

Shane Leviston

I know Peugeot's are the only French marque that are considered prestige/sports cars but gibgib, i think this would be better placed in the general forum, will you do the honours...if you want to keep it.

I don't mind speaking my mind for $100.

it may not be a con fella's, there are marketing companies that do this for a whole range of things. i have been with one for several years..all they do is call me up...i go and give my 2 bobs worth about the required subject [from what soft drink i like to what would u do if a company sold this product] its money for jam !! $70 for sh..i better not say that!!

------------------

i was offered $50 by my insurance company for an hour, i just read that LOL

Hey Mary,
If you're heading Central Qld Coast give us a call. Pretty hungry up here; who knows, for TWO hundred you could get a couple of footy players may go the full Monty & make the night really interesting
eek.gif

Alan S

If you don't sign anything to get the dosh there shouldn't be a problem???
They will most probably get quite a few takers on this
wink.gif

$100 is worth chuckin' a sickie for
biggrin.gif

Andreas you now have "The Power" to move/ delete stuff if you so desire. Administration options down the bottom of this page.

i didnt know i could move it, i just realised.
this is staying, might have to move it to the humour section soon if we keep this up.

Let me see $124 up and back mel-syd on a big bird mary will refund the $100
For helping with survey or whatever
Total cost $24 Including GST to sydney

Sounds good to me

Murat

well i'm going up this weekend, migh pop in for my $100 hehe

gibgib, yep, i sit at my desk 24 hours a day LOL

Righto c'mon!!!
How many of you heroes went along to Mary's do. 'twas supposed to be the 4th & 5th 'tis now the 6th so which ones are a hundred bucks richer & how many are now running round selling Avon & Amway?? Or did she take me up on my suggestion of the footy players & the full Monty
eek.gif
- or did she go the full Monty
eek.gif
eek.gif
- c'mon we're dying to know
smile.gif

Alan S

[This message has been edited by Alan S (edited 06 June 2001).]

For performance oil I use Cadillac Oils from Regency Downs in the Lockyer Valley. Magic stuff, with a guarantee that the quality won't drop off when the guy has a good clientele (this is what happened with his former employer, Respect Oils at Rocklea).

The range is very wide, it's all from a top line blender who puts all the guarantees behind it.

So you might say, "why go to Cadillac if others have the same stuff?" Well, like I said, the guy who runs the show, George, is very honest and has built the business on quality and integrity.

If you're in the Brisbane area or Gold Coast, it's not a long drive, buy 20 litres at a time. This stuff really makes a difference, on one car I had a fuel consumption improvement of around 10% (thoroughly checked, and all I did was change the oil) over 1000km before and after the oil change.