Disconnecting battery before unplugging ECU on 206

Stuey

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi there,

I'm in the process of diagnosing an issue with my 206 GTi and was about to unplug and reseat the ECU plugs, but was aware of the recommended rigmarole for disconnecting the battery so as not to upset the BSI - taken from a Peugeot TSB according to some sites. You know the one; window down, everything off, wait three minutes, etc. etc.

I've disconnected the battery five or six times this week without doing any of this. Am I taking a risk? About to reseat the ECU plugs just to make sure so input appreciated!

PS, I'm not suggesting the ECU and BSI are the same unit - just thinking I might need to be more careful.

Cheers

Stuey

No as long as the bsi has gone to sleep cluster off it’s fine the window thing is only so no chance of doors locking or for cars with auto inch drop the windows won’t jam when door opens.
It’s pretty hard to stuff one up unless you are completely useless but if you know your way around a car it’s fine.
FYI those books are coming.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time