Desperate in Newcastle

red308

Tadpole
Hey guys, my first post here. Just wondering if there are many people on here from Newcastle who can recommend a good mechanic for my 2009 308 cc hdi. I previously had it serviced at Pacific Euro at gateshead who rushed the service and didnt check the battery, leading to an open circuit on my car 2 weeks after service. I have taken it to Twilight auto at cardiff...and they have said i have a oil leak at the gasket. Just wondering if they are a good place as they have quoted approx $3 grand to fix it. I would appreciate any help or advice on this or even where i can take it to get an inspection done which will cover everything so I know what I will be up for Repair wise.
Thanks

Do you know which circuit is supposedly open, or which gasket is leaking?

Pacific turned pear shaped in the last year and a half is it the rear main seal leaking pm me if you want help

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Hi seasink....the open circuit shorted my car...killing the battery....nrma couldnt fix had to get an auto electrician to replace the battery completely and also fix the neg connection which was corroded.

As to the gasket...on my docket from Twilight Auto it says I have a minor exhaust leak from exhaust Manifold and a minor engine oil leak from the rear of the rocker cover gasket

I am not a mechanical person at all and have no idea how to do this myself nor how to decide on a good mechanic to do it for me. This is my first ever peugeot and first ever diesel as well.

hi...thanx for the response

On my docket from Twilight Auto it says I have a minor exhaust leak from exhaust Manifold and a minor engine oil leak from the rear of the rocker cover gasket

I am not a mechanical person at all and have no idea how to do this myself nor how to decide on a good mechanic to do it for me. This is my first ever peugeot and first ever diesel as well.

Being a 2009 model it has 205,000 km on the clock... I love the car and would love to have it fixed properly so hopefully it will go at least another 5years or so.

Its currently blowing a lot of white/grey smoke....so much so that people have pulled up beside me to tell me. So am looking for someone to go over the car for me and tell me what needs fixing....and then to get it fixed.

Private message dmccurtayne, above. He's in your area and knows what to do.

My preferred mechanics are all in Sydney.

"A minor engine oil leak from the rear of the rocker cover gasket" is not necessarily something that you have to fix immediately. Many cars have minor leaks from the tappet covers. Nor should it be expensive....at ALL.

The exhaust leak is not dramatic, but is something you want to fix soonish sometime. It will only get worse.

The white/grey smoke is too much fuel going through. It needs a tune-up or new / cleaned injectors, perhaps. Don't go thinking that the rings are shot or something like that....

Hi
As others will probably tell you there are good mechanics in the area. I use Goodwins at Cessnock who know the brand well. They have a website. They service my 406 hdi and my daughters 308 hdi. Great family business with many years experience.

"A minor engine oil leak from the rear of the rocker cover gasket" is not necessarily something that you have to fix immediately. Many cars have minor leaks from the tappet covers. Nor should it be expensive....at ALL.

The exhaust leak is not dramatic, but is something you want to fix soonish sometime. It will only get worse.

The white/grey smoke is too much fuel going through. It needs a tune-up or new / cleaned injectors, perhaps. Don't go thinking that the rings are shot or something like that....

The rocker cover gasket on this car is a big job should be replacing the return pipes and injector feed pipes the smoke could well be fuel but on this one could also be leaking heat exchanger or leaking injector seals

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Hey Guys...still looking for a good Peugeot mechanic to have a look at my car and fix any issues. I have heard about Newcastle auto repairs at merewether are pretty good....as well as Shields at Toronto....any feedback on these guys would be welcome...cheers

Goodwins now occupy a modern facility, and work on all manner of modern cars, but still maintain their Peugeot knowledge, so should be ideal.

Just don't ask them to do work on older cars that might occupy workshop space for an extended period!

the June edition of the Pugilist (Peugeot Club mag) says that Pacific Euro continues to service at:

35 Macquarie Road, Cardiff.

Or pm dmccurtayne

Sorry red308 my af app didn’t show me your messages I’m not up to doing anything atm I would only recommend city west in town or speed tech at the bay the best apprentice I’ve ever taught Nick now works there and the owner pat is a nice guy if vertical challenged in regards to pacific Kelly group are using the Cardiff mechanics to smooth over the immediate issues they need to do atm nobody really has a clue there especially on psa stuff I would rather my youngest work on my cars.

Speed tech 49569117 ask for pat or nick and mention peugeot Dave they will look after you.

City west 49295631 ask for Pete mention me again

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Last edited:
Did anyone mention Goodwins, Cessnock?