DecidedlySpecial reformation.

You've put me in a quandary. I'd decided to paint my 1972 D AC421 (Bordeaux) with the roof painted AC200 (Noir), however having looked through your posts I like the idea of a white roof; the problem I have now is that I quite like the AC419 (Rouge Cornaline) you've painted yours, but I also like the car posted earlier in this thread painted Bordeaux with the white roof! Argh, I don't know what to do, to help me decide could you tell me the AC code for the white you've used on the roof or your car?

You've put me in a quandary. I'd decided to paint my 1972 D AC421 (Bordeaux) with the roof painted AC200 (Noir), however having looked through your posts I like the idea of a white roof; the problem I have now is that I quite like the AC419 (Rouge Cornaline) you've painted yours, but I also like the car posted earlier in this thread painted Bordeaux with the white roof! Argh, I don't know what to do, to help me decide could you tell me the AC code for the white you've used on the roof or your car?

Hello

My roof is pigmented white, it's not painted as such... hence the satin appearance. The Cornaline has surprised me a bit... it changes a lot depending on the light, I like it a lot.

Matthew :)

Ah, that would explain it! I have an aluminium roof on mine so it'll need painting. I'll have to have a look at the Citroën whites and see which I prefer! Congrats on your car, it looks top notch. 😃

Just on this Matthew, we're currently in the planning stages for the paint job for my wifes Special too, and I've never seen a Special roof that a) wasn't painted, or b) wasn't in good enough fibre glass pigmented colour to get an idea of its real colour and surface effect. I take it yours is? If I was after the original effect have you any ideas how to obtain this? (Or in fact anyone else?).

Thanks,

My roof is pigmented white, it's not painted as such... hence the satin appearance. The Cornaline has surprised me a bit... it changes a lot depending on the light, I like it a lot.

Matthew :)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Have a look at nuancierds.fr. I think of that site as one of the best for your question. Also, if you are able to talk your bodyshop into it, you can have color test panels painted. You will spend some money going this route. They're usually large enough you can compare against your main color and see what you like. Darrin at Citroen Classics will be helpful, too.

Just on this Matthew, we're currently in the planning stages for the paint job for my wifes Special too, and I've never seen a Special roof that a) wasn't painted, or b) wasn't in good enough fibre glass pigmented colour to get an idea of it's real colour and surface effect. I take it yours is? If I was after the original effect have you any ideas how to obtain this? (Or in fact anyone else?).

Thanks,

Matthew :)
[/QUOTE]

Have be a look at this thread I posted a while back when I polished the roof... made quite a difference. You can see the chalky look of the weathered roof on the left.

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/98390-ds-pigmented-roof-polish.html

Matthew

Have a look at nuancierds.fr. I think of that site as one of the best for your question. Also, if you are able to talk your bodyshop into it, you can have color test panels painted. You will spend some money going this route. They're usually large enough you can compare against your main color and see what you like. Darrin at Citroen Classics will be helpful, too.

I have nuancierds.fr bookmarked and I've been chewing over colours for years, virtually settled on Bordeaux and I was going to have a black roof, however…[emoji30]