De La Haye

grumpy

Tadpole
Seeking information on "de la Haye" car ie. year of manufacture, engine capacity etc. on the above.

Having a surname of "de la Haye" I believe there was one of these made and haven been trying to find out any relevant details.

Thanks
Keith de la Haye
(Grumpy)

Delahaye.

grumpy said:
Seeking information on "de la Haye" car ie. year of manufacture, engine capacity etc. on the above.

Having a surname of "de la Haye" I believe there was one of these made and haven been trying to find out any relevant details.

Thanks
Keith de la Haye
(Grumpy)

Grumpy, me old "Cousin Jack".
How fortunate to have a car named after you! I have before me a brief run down on the Delahaye.
"Emile Delahaye was a maker of brick building machinery. His first car is dated 1897. He and his collaborators created magnificent cars, winning the Monte Carlo Rallye several times. In 1935 they took over Delage.
Using the factory's 6 cyl. truck engine they built the "135" [3.557 cc] which was followed by a V12 racing version. The "135" was developed further and in its final version the "235" of 1952 it gave 158 bhp.
This was the last model made before they amalgamated with Hotchkiss". :wink2:

I took the liberty of calling you "Cousin Jack". My family on my mothers side came from Wallaroo, Moonta, Kadina area. The name was Warmington.

...not to be confused with Willmington just up the road a few hundred kms...

Delahaye made its mark in South Australia even, one of the 135s contesting the 1939 Australian Grand Prix at Lobethal and averaging 82.12mph for the 150 miles. On its performance that day, it would have been declared second if the race had been a scratch race. But it was fourth because it was a handicap race.

Later it contested the Grand Prix at Leyburn to take out a victory for a French car in this race for the first time since 1932. Only one other French car has won the race since.

Delahay

there was a lovely Maroon Delahaye cabriolet at the Melb FCD

alpine