Dashboard Heater Vents C2/C3

Graydog

Fellow Frogger
This is a dumb one.....
I normally (ie 99.99%) leave my climate control on 'AUTO' all the time and just change temp settings.
The other night I just wanted the lower vents to produce heat, so I toggled the control button to get the 'floor only' setting.
Hot air kept coming out of the dash vents, perhaps at a slightly less rate, but still quite strong, so I just shut them off by rotating them.
Has anybody else had this experience?
:(

Grayballs said:
This is a dumb one.....
I normally (ie 99.99%) leave my climate control on 'AUTO' all the time and just change temp settings.
The other night I just wanted the lower vents to produce heat, so I toggled the control button to get the 'floor only' setting.
Hot air kept coming out of the dash vents, perhaps at a slightly less rate, but still quite strong, so I just shut them off by rotating them.
Has anybody else had this experience?
:(
I'll check it tomorrow and let you know.

I find that also. If I have had the heating on high for a while then turn it off and leave the vents open you still get cold air coming out. Just ever so slightly though.
The same goes for the aircon if I have oit on low. If i turn the whole system off and touch the vent you can still feel cool air coming out slightly. It also happened in my Renault 19. :D

Its just a trait of French cars I guess. It suite european conditions in a way....hehehehe:roflmao:

danielsydney said:
Its just a trait of French cars I guess. It suite european conditions in a way....hehehehe:roflmao:
My Pluriel's the same also. However I reckon it's a great system. In Canberra at present with the cold temperatures, it's a delight to use. The warmth isn't overpowering- just very comfortable and quick to work.

Thanks for the responses.
I thought I may have had a fault there, but obviously not.
It does seem strange though, because I've since noticed that as I cycle through the various airflow directions available, the face-level vent just keeps on pumping out air! The button is virtually superfluous?
Not to worry....I'll just go back to what I used to do 99.99% of the time!
See ya!
:)

Mine does the same. After mucking around with the button a little bit when I bought it, I don't think I've used it.

I had a low speed scrape recently (my first ever accident!), the smash repair place had fiddled with the climate. Took me a tick to go through the interface to reset it. I noticed that the airflow to the face was still coming out even though they had set it to "footwell"

thanks,
Andrew

I find that if you have it on LO and have the aircon on face, feet, windscreen the windscreen at the bottom section gets condensation on it. Its a weird kind of thing. :D

It's drier here in Melbourne (both in humidity and in rainfall), so I don't get that even though all three vents / low fan / auto / 22 C are my preferred settings.

One of the things that used to help my turbo beetle's demist problems is to run the heater at top temperature for about 10 minutes about twice a month. That fixed the internal humidity problem for a little while.

Andrew