Dakar 2022

COL

Alpine A110
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Its on again in Arabia, previous days highlights are broadcast on SBS at 1700 Hrs EADT. So set your alarm, DVD harddrive recorders etc so that you don't miss the action

Toby Price is back again on the Red Bull KTM, be interesting to see how he goes this year

And Molly Taylor in a Side by Side with top Aussie co driver Dale Moscatt. The SxS are pretty reliable so she could be in for a good result.

The last series was great viewing

is there any tv concentrating on the classics in this years Dakar?

SBS has had a segment on each of the classes daily, so far including classics.

Reactions: COL
The Peugeot 205 T16 Maxi #726 finished 24th in the Classic division, unfortunately their 20 yo chief mechanic died in a traffic accident with local truck on the final stage liason.
I was admiring this pic and wondered how the classic cars dealt with the old Camel tobacco sponsorship when I noticed it was CAWEL.
I just loved watching the GroupB 205 T16 in it's day, and even stretched for the Dakar it looks gorgeous.

dakar_2022.jpg

The Dakar YouTube channel has a section for Classics but the content is light. Nice 205 shown above plus a couple of 504s (ute and coupe)

1642415248611.png

The Dakar YouTube channel has a section for Classics but the content is light. Nice 205 shown above plus a couple of 504s (ute and coupe)

View attachment 139955
The Classic Dakar takes a different route to the main show, so no doubt there is less cameras to record the action. This is only the 2nd year the Classic has been held so maybe in the future it will be more popular and we will get more cameras and action for those of us that can't get there to see it in the flesh.

1642466834216.png

According to Jeremy Clarkson " what appears to be a short 404 ute is actually a Pajero with 404 front panels tacked on.
The original rear of the Pajero remains under the rear canopy."
I guess they had fun anyway

Paint job, ain't nobody game enough to dress a modern car in off pink.