D9 Coupe thoughts

kelpiebat

Fellow Frogger
Evening to y'all, Have just got serious about putting a 154K D9 Coupe back on the road. Besides an auto box replacement and new cambelt, water pump and etc along with sealing the cam covers the majority is just a lot of TLC to attend to minor scars and silly issues that look to relate to work being done by fellows who follow the old saying of 'don't force it, get a bigger hammer.'
The rear, all plastic bumper has a split on the LH side that I thought may have come from a fair bit of a bump. After removing both tail lights and undoing the 4 bolts with huge washers that clamp the top of the bumper it was noticed that none of the V openings where the 4 bolts go actually cleared the threads. In other words in order to fit and clamp the bumper without stress all 4 V's would need about 4-5 mm filed from one side to allow the bolts to do their clamping without trying to spread the centre of the bumper. This observation leads to the possibility that most of the plastic bumper cracking is related to shrinkage/contraction of the bumper itself fighting the immovability of the clamping bolts.
In trying to get the radio functioning I decided to check the fuses in the Feb '01 made car. Nicely easy to access the fascia fuses, but very hard to locate the correct fuse. Nothing seems to match what the dealer supplied handbook says. So far the only certain discovery is that the cigar lighter fuse is not #23, and is more likely to be #18 if the fuse order as shown on page 32 of the handbook is reversed.
Any help, most appreciated; cheers.

It’s not the fuse in the back of the radio

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Spot on dmcc. After finding a suitable piece of wire the radio was out in minutes, the fuse replaced with a 10 amp one. and all is fine now. A bit of time investigating the in cabin panel of fuses shows that the diagram in the owner book is correct provided you turn it upside down and then look at it from the other side of the page. Quite intriguing, indeed.

Your fuse diagram sounds the same as my D9 Berline - no reason to reinvent the wheel I suppose :D!

Cheers

Alec