D Special 1974 - parts wanted

Ron from sa

Fellow Frogger
I am in the process of restoring/tidying up the above car and would like to purchase some spare bits - Needs to be in South Australia, preferably south of Adelaide as I live near Victor harbor and not able to travel far.
The kinds of things I am after - rubber over riders for front bumper; heater radiator unit; windshield washer reservoir; front seats armrest, and the like.
Ron

Ron, have you considered not putting rubber over-riders on the front bumper? I think they look much better without them, more benign, like a first nose D. I remove them from mine.

Roger

My first ID 19 9 which I had in 1974, was an early one (pre 1960) with the chopped mat fiberglass roof and the first front bumper you are familiar with. My second ID was a 1964 model with the overriders - that car saved my life when I literally 'bounced' off the rear of a semitrailer that was stopped dead on the SE freeway. That, and the numerous holes that are where the rubber bolts on, makes me want to add them. I'm not planning to do any more 'bouncing' but I don't mind the look of them.

Your knees won't enjoy bumping into them!

Just fill the holes with round headed bolts.

I dislike the look of them, but if you don't mind them go for it.

Roger