CX turbo wheels

smiffy1071

Citroën, what else?
1000+ Posts
I've just placed an enquiry with a custom wheel maker in Northern Ireland, to see about having a set of exact replica wheels made for my car, but in
16 inch size, instead of the standard 390 metric size.
With the 390, you only have the choice of 3 tyre makers, Michelin, Dunlop, or Good Year. The Michelins, cost AU$500 EACH :eek: :eek: :mad:
So, by the time you add VAT, (GST) that's £1000, or nearly AU$2500, for the whole car.
For the same money, (I hope) I could have a set of wheels made, which will look original, but I could then choose tyres at half the price, and on a CX, which is heavy on front tyres, that's important!
I'll let you know how I get on. I expect ACHRIVAL will be interested to know aswell.
john s

Very interested you didn’t mention Avon I've got metric turbo speeds 225- 390- 55 's on the beast at the moment courtesy of the previous owner and they seem to handle okay. I’m looking at a set of Alfa spider 6 1/2 16's (~$1000A for 5 never used ) they look quite sexy but a bit too open for the CX but that could be a bit silly with the number of cars that I have to keep the oil flowing in:crazy: