CX Time

The LH rear quarter was a problem when I brought the car back from Queensland. All I managed to do was a very poor treat and cover. :(
What you are doing is fantastic and I'm in awe of the work you have done. You know I have another one waiting for you - once you have honed your skills on 'Queenie' I have our Raid Arctique wagon 'Pascale' needing some attention. A life in the UK didn't help it much. It has rust in areas you haven't tried your skills on yet. :D

The LH rear quarter was a problem when I brought the car back from Queensland. All I managed to do was a very poor treat and cover. :(
What you are doing is fantastic and I'm in awe of the work you have done. You know I have another one waiting for you - once you have honed your skills on 'Queenie' I have our Raid Arctique wagon 'Pascale' needing some attention. A life in the UK didn't help it much. It has rust in areas you haven't tried your skills on yet. :D

Awe from me too. Hope all's well down there btw.

Best wishes,

Yes Rmac, I think the UK was the basis of the issues on Queenie too. At the rate I'm going with this build, your car might have dissolved into the substrate [emoji13], it's taken 3 years so far, a lot longer than the 12 months on the Coupe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using aussiefrogs mobile app

Priming is now completed and have the first piece painted, pretty happy with the colour combo. 20200507_190151.jpeg20200516_131452.jpeg

What a great yellow against the grey and vice versa! I imagine grey paint is in short supply in Geraldton....

I shouldn't but I did have this vision of the car being painted that yellow with a grey dashboard....

I shouldn't but I did have this vision of the car being painted that yellow with a grey dashboard....
Not allowed to paint it orange, as my brother is painting his CX orange, the colour I put on the dash was a test colour we tried for his car, but he wanted it a bit darker, so it was lying around and I used it.

I made the windows out of 3mm aluminium and have about 1mm clearance around the edges, so I cut the nozzle long so you end up with a bead about 10 mm wide and 15mm high. Normally a two people job to put in and yes it can get messy. Fortunately on this job I sat it at the bottom and just laid it in and very little mess.
I went around the outside with a thin bead to seal it and cleaned it with turpentine and rag.
The hardest part was making the windows getting the curve right.
How did you go doing the windows. I've always sucked at doing this. The window moves a little and you end up with sikaflex smeared all over the shop :(

Been a while, for some reason I couldn't log in, so recreated a new account.
Will post more pics once I shrink them.

I'm confused / intrigued with the rear side windows. (Load space windows.)
Are they going to be glass, or blanked off?
If blanked, why? Van look?
I like big windows in a car.
Not criticizing, it's your car.

I'm confused / intrigued with the rear side windows. (Load space windows.)
Are they going to be glass, or blanked off?
If blanked, why? Van look?
I like big windows in a car.
Not criticizing, it's your car.
I'm using it as a tool box, kind of Loadrunner style. I have removed the back seat and have a board over the floor with an access hole for storage where the seats were.

I love the seat material and colours, and your progress has been great. Motor looks good in place.

Ray