CX Time

that's going to really brighten up the interior! It would be great to see a photo of it when its back together :dance: :dance:

Managed to prepare the substrate today and get some primer on it. A lot more surface area than I expected, put 4 litres on already. 20200427_175149.jpeg20200427_175212.jpeg20200427_185738.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using aussiefrogs mobile app

Interesting, do you re-hang the doors to paint .... or paint them separately :confused: (I bet you can actually paint unlike me, so will not end up with metalic looking weird across the panels if painted separately :)

Originally was going to paint the inside of the doors and door jams, then hang them. Rub the out side and have it sprayed at a friends smash repair shop, but considering pInting it the way I did the priming. I'm a panel beater by trade, but been lecturing at tafe for 15 years as a Pre Apprentice lecturer in Mechanic, so my painting skill are getting the test at present [emoji15]
Interesting, do you re-hang the doors to paint .... or paint them separately :confused: (I bet you can actually paint unlike me, so will not end up with metalic looking weird across the panels if painted separately :)

Originally was going to paint the inside of the doors and door jams, then hang them. Rub the out side and have it sprayed at a friends smash repair shop, but considering pInting it the way I did the priming. I'm a panel beater by trade, but been lecturing at tafe for 15 years as a Pre Apprentice lecturer in Mechanic, so my painting skill are getting the test at present [emoji15]

Brilliant .... Your not planning on shifting to ballarat at some point are you :dance: :dance: :dance: I have a million and one questions :roflmao:

Large difference in size accentuated by the perspective of the photo. It would be a very airy drive in the wagon at present. When you are finished that one you could come over to QLD and restore and repaint mine for me.

Cheers, Ken

Attachments

• The Fleet 2018.jpg
    The Fleet 2018.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 214
Large difference in size accentuated by the perspective of the photo. It would be a very airy drive in the wagon at present. When you are finished that one you could come over to QLD and restore and repaint mine for me.

Cheers, Ken
I've come to realize that a CX Wagon is a big task [emoji13]

Looks a bit dry out there! Surely the CX didn't develop it's rust problems there?

Cheers, Ken

Wow ... you still have the wagon! Does the CX turbo earn a piccie :)

That DS coupe sure still does look good. I find my cars turn really shitty after being painted if driven. you just can't use something daily with kids junk in/on them and keep them looking good. :(

That DS coupe is enough to make a man go weak at the knees....

The Estate was bought in Q'ld if I recall and then lived a while in very wet Denmark on the south coast.

You are right John, the wagon came as a private import from the UK first, It had lower sections put into the front doors before, but overall it wasn't too bad for rust, the real issue was the previous repair to the LH 1/4 panel. That took some work.

Pretty lucky with the Coupe Shane as the kids don't get to travel in it much, so it spends most of it's time in the shed under a cover. The car was painted in 2 pack, it did get a couple of runs in it but I never tried ti cut it back and buff it, as a friend of mine who is an aircraft mechanic said that they never buff aircraft and that's why they stay shiny. The coupe was painted 14 years ago and I have never even polished it, just use a good car wash. Guess Tim must have been right..... [emoji4]

You are right John, the wagon came as a private import from the UK first, It had lower sections put into the front doors before, but overall it wasn't too bad for rust, the real issue was the previous repair to the LH 1/4 panel. That took some work.

Pretty lucky with the Coupe Shane as the kids don't get to travel in it much, so it spends most of it's time in the shed under a cover. The car was painted in 2 pack, it did get a couple of runs in it but I never tried ti cut it back and buff it, as a friend of mine who is an aircraft mechanic said that they never buff aircraft and that's why they stay shiny. The coupe was painted 14 years ago and I have never even polished it, just use a good car wash. Guess Tim must have been right..... [emoji4]

I guess he's right about aircraft. I only cut and buff anything I've painted to remove all the lumpy bits :roflmoa: :roflmao: ... ie: the runs, drips, bugs, dirt, overspray.... orange peel and everything other bit of "goodness" I managed to put there. The shitbox I crunched the bottom of 2 doors within 6 weeks ( an empty big bin fell into the side of the car as I passed it .... ). I guess I get to try and learn to to blend 2pack now. More likely I'll paint both doors as I don't know how to blend the repair without leaving the overspray type edge around it ( It needs to melt into the original paint somehow).

seeya,
Shane L.s

I guess it didn't spend long in UK then.... :)

I remember the D coupe at an FCD some years back, at the Supreme Court Gardens perhaps.

Good painting for the rest!