CX owners ...

Depends what you need. a lot of us on here have parts cars. just yell out if its something that another CX will have that isn't already broken (eg: no point asking for steering wheels, door trims etc...).

This is one of the rare high lift long wheelbase Export model 4WD CXs. Special order from Ligier or was it Chapron ?.
Look on Facebook for more.

I just had a quick look. Where are they all hanging out these days? There seems to be no forums or message groups left any longer for the poor old unloved CX :confused: I was just going to ask the guys if the tacho not working in a series II was a common problem ..... to find I couldn't find them since the yahoogroups service shut down :(
Hi Double Chevron, I have a CX2400 Pallas Cmatic in the Southern Highlands but tend to hang out more in the various CX Facebook groups, but Aussie Frogs is a great resource. My CX was purchased by French architect Gaston Helou in 1981 (but it's a May 79 manufacture). He owned it until the early 2000s, when it was sold to it's second owner, Brett Munro, who lives near Byron Bay. It has great maintenance records but was in need of a substantial overhaul in 2019. I'm gradually working through cosmetic improvements and technical tweaks and hoping to get out on more club runs soon.

Depends what you need. a lot of us on here have parts cars. just yell out if its something that another CX will have that isn't already broken (eg: no point asking for steering wheels, door trims etc...).
I need a lock catch for my CX 2000 break (wagon, series 1, as earlier mentioned. Got one for me? Or know anyone that has one? Spend 4 hours today looking on line in Australia, no one has one.....All ears and patiently waiting

I need a lock catch for my CX 2000 break (wagon, series 1, as earlier mentioned. Got one for me? Or know anyone that has one? Spend 4 hours today looking on line in Australia, no one has one.....All ears and patiently waiting
Just the catch ? yeah there will be several here. I hate offering parts to people as I always let them down by never finding the time to actually remove and send them.

There is a CX parts group on facebook. The problem is everything will be overseas though. I think there is quite a few on aussiefrogs with parts cars in Tassie as well. You'll just need them to spot this (that'll save you needing to pay postage).

Merci Shane for the tips, the car is non-turbo. It drove quite well after a few years on static display in a garage. But without an alternator charging. Still managed to drive it 5 km on the battery only. I'll attack the car when time permits, yeah right....

Merci Shane for the tips, the car is non-turbo. It drove quite well after a few years on static display in a garage. But without an alternator charging. Still managed to drive it 5 km on the battery only. I'll attack the car when time permits, yeah right....
Still the same deal. I had a CX wagon turn up here a few years ago .... running on 2cylinders and running so rich it would barely run. It "couldn't be fixed" apparently. The 2 cylinders is the equivalent of someone holding up a neon sign with a big arrow pointing to the coils. So I cleaned the connector plugs onto the coils .... and she was banging away on 4 again. I the pulled the wiring plugs off across the back of the head ... crimped them down a bit tighter and cleaned them as best I could. And it instantly stopped running rich :)

Its usually suspect wiring ..... an hour spend clean connectors and applying something that'll stop corrosion will always save you lots of endless random issues :)

Just the catch ? yeah there will be several here. I hate offering parts to people as I always let them down by never finding the time to actually remove and send them.

There is a CX parts group on facebook. The problem is everything will be overseas though. I think there is quite a few on aussiefrogs with parts cars in Tassie as well. You'll just need them to spot this (that'll save you needing to pay postage).

Shane, I am not in a hurry but still looking to replace it because one day I will forget to help the plastic rollers in open position. If you have a working one and find time before Xmas this year, I am happy to wait! Thanks mate!

Still the same deal. I had a CX wagon turn up here a few years ago .... running on 2cylinders and running so rich it would barely run. It "couldn't be fixed" apparently. The 2 cylinders is the equivalent of someone holding up a neon sign with a big arrow pointing to the coils. So I cleaned the connector plugs onto the coils .... and she was banging away on 4 again. I the pulled the wiring plugs off across the back of the head ... crimped them down a bit tighter and cleaned them as best I could. And it instantly stopped running rich :)

Its usually suspect wiring ..... an hour spend clean connectors and applying something that'll stop corrosion will always save you lots of endless random issues :)
I agree with the suspect wiring issue! Just the other day the C-Matic would not change gears unless the revs were matched just right and also would not come out of top gear when stopped at an intersection. Further investigation saw that the wire to the gearbox switch block was very wobbly., and obviously just about ready to part company with the terminal. As I removed it ( pulling on the terminal sheath) the wire parted company with just two strands of wire coming out of the brass terminal. An easy fix to solder on another length of wire and a good terminal, thus giving a little more flexibility than before when the wire was almost stretched out tight. Changes gears like a dream now. Also took the opportunity to give the various block connectors a good clean with circuit board cleaner. I like the idea of the vaseline. A good tip----Thanks!

Hi Folks,

I need a flywheel cover for one of my CXes. This is the metal cover that bolts onto the underside of the manual gearbox bell housing and covers the bottom of the flywheel and ring gear under the car. I think the part numbers are 5437595, 95437595. CX-Basis lists them as used item but currently have nil stock. I think the Safety Certificate Inspectors require these covers to be inplace before you can get a Safety Certificate. They are the same Series 1 to Series 2 because I have swapped the one I have between cars.

Has anyone got one that they can part with?

Cheers, Ken

Hi Folks,

I need a flywheel cover for one of my CXes. This is the metal cover that bolts onto the underside of the manual gearbox bell housing and covers the bottom of the flywheel and ring gear under the car. I think the part numbers are 5437595, 95437595. CX-Basis lists them as used item but currently have nil stock. I think the Safety Certificate Inspectors require these covers to be inplace before you can get a Safety Certificate. They are the same Series 1 to Series 2 because I have swapped the one I have between cars.

Cheers, Ken

I don't think any of my cars have them fitted.... I wonder why they are ever pulled off... Did the factory actually fit them to all cars :unsure:

Hi, I still like CX's - hoping to get back to doing some tinkering during my holidays, I feel that my car does run rich so I will do some checks. I bought this car from Peter in Narrabri a while back - the car was originally a Victorian car and sold new by Paris motors to a buyer in Ararat (Vic). I took this photo on the way back from the CCCNSW club run through Sydney's Royal National Park late last year. Whilst I prefer them in darker colours but I am getting to like this one - a CX2500 ie 1984.
I have always appreciated the tips and resources on this site.

Attachments

• A70I3240 (2).pdf
    275.4 KB · Views: 137
interesting - we ran CXs for a decade and a half before they gave way to a DS and a 405 SRDT wagon. Better cross country car than the DS but the $300 C5 I'm running now has better air than any CX...

Hi, I still like CX's - hoping to get back to doing some tinkering during my holidays, I feel that my car does run rich so I will do some checks. I bought this car from Peter in Narrabri a while back - the car was originally a Victorian car and sold new by Paris motors to a buyer in Ararat (Vic). I took this photo on the way back from the CCCNSW club run through Sydney's Royal National Park late last year. Whilst I prefer them in darker colours but I am getting to like this one - a CX2500 ie 1984.
I have always appreciated the tips and resources on this site.

Before you spend money or take it to a mechanics workshop .... scroll back a bit and read all the stuff I've said about cleaning the wiring connections, especially across the back of the head where the the temp senders are :)

I ask myself where are all the CX's constantly here in the western suburbs of Chicago. Then I walk out to my garage to see the only one I've ever seen in person.

Today's high -7C. All the big boy toys have been put away for a few months and we have another month of winter. Will be waiting for the first big downpour to wash the salt off the roads in March. I did repair this year's LHM leak by rebuilding the front left hand caliper.

Anybody find themselves in the Chicago area😄 and see a light blue CX give me a wave.

CX 2500 GTI at Pick a part for sale on Ebay looks like someone has spent plenty and given up.
Item 384739176022

CX 2500 GTI at Pick a part for sale on Ebay looks like someone has spent plenty and given up.
Item 384739176022
I bought it, amazing!
So much work done, very high quality.
I'm in the process of bringing an 85 model turbo back to life - nearly there.
The GTI was going to be for spares but turned out to be far too good for that. Will I finish it or sell it??