Cx mileage....

George 1/8th

1000+ Posts
Hi guys,
last time I filled up the CX I spent about $60.00, and it was totally filled. I reset the odometer to zero....Today I clocked the 400K mark, with the petrol needle just on zero...but the warning light not coming on yet.:wink2:
I think that's pretty good. I was using the expensive premium unleaded high octane stuff. I've never touched the plugs or points, or leads, or distributor or carby.
I might re-fill tonight...reset the odometer...and see how it goes. It's really a nice tight little motor.
Cheers....George 1/8th.:cheers: :cool:

George 1/8th said:
Hi guys,
last time I filled up the CX I spent about $60.00, and it was totally filled. I reset the odometer to zero....Today I clocked the 400K mark, with the petrol needle just on zero...but the warning light not coming on yet.:wink2:
I think that's pretty good. I was using the expensive premium unleaded high octane stuff. I've never touched the plugs or points, or leads, or distributor or carby.
I might re-fill tonight...reset the odometer...and see how it goes. It's really a nice tight little motor.
Cheers....George 1/8th.:cheers: :cool:

$60bux is a cheap fill .... at 1.20+ a litre into a 68litre tank I can hit nearly $85bux for a tank when it's really empty and petrol really high :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'd say fill her up and work out how much fuel you get back in there and the economy. Around town we used to get 22mpg out of the C-matic, no matter how hard or gently it was driven.

seeya,
Shane L.

DoubleChevron said:
$60bux is a cheap fill .... at 1.20+ a litre into a 68litre tank I can hit nearly $85bux for a tank when it's really empty and petrol really high :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'd say fill her up and work out how much fuel you get back in there and the economy. Around town we used to get 22mpg out of the C-matic, no matter how hard or gently it was driven.

seeya,
Shane L.

Yes, similar to mine. Worse with the AC on.

I fill to first click, then by the time the needle starts moving off Full, its about 100-120kms, then by the time it gets to half, its about 250kms, then the last half goes quicker, and I can always get 420kms, or more, and this is on combined round town/Freeway(120kms/hr), A/c used more, but I havent done any proper consumption checks.
I need to look at the carby though, as it tends to flood in hot weather>35degs.

Hi Guys, thanks for those ideas about mileage....I'm pretty happy with the cars performance re- mileage.
When I filled it up it was under 1/4 full...so that's why it was only $60.00 to fill it.
I am pretty happy with it, I must say.
If I clean/replace the air filter it should stay this way, I hope.
Cheers...George 1/8th.:cheers: :cool: :tongue:

I set the trip meter last time I filled my CX (normal ULP) and the light came on today at 480 kms. I don't know how much is left in the tank but will fill it tomorrow & see how many litres/100k
Sandy

I've heard a wide range of consumption figures on CXs but ours, 25 ie, has settled at about 25 - 26 mpg using PULP on highway driving. Despite efforts on the fuel/air systems it is about as good as I can get.

Regards,

Peter
Tasmania

When I first got my CX 2500 it consistantly returned 24mpg around town and 34mpg on the highway ....

For the last year or so it's dropped to 22mpg around town :nownow: :mad: and 18mpg on the highway :eek: :eek: To be fair though, whenever it's travelling along the highway it tends to have a 17' caravan swinging from it's towbar:roflmao: :roflmao: No doubt running without the load on the back it would still return 34mpg given our stupid speedlimits (it's only idling at 100km/h ... ie: 2200rpm in 5th).

seeya,
Shane L.

I filled mine this morning with the trip meter showing 500. It took 64 litres. Thats 12.8 litres/100k. I haven't converted to mpg yet but I don't think that is good.
bye
Sandy

I may have to do a few adjustments if I can match the average C-matic consumption. In the last fortnight 60L was run to empty in 470k's which is roughly 12.8L/100km or 22mpg.
It is better than when I first got the car and it was chugging 20L/100k's!
I will eventually be able to have it tuned to do at least 500k's on one tank....unless anyone has a diesel CX that they are thinking of selling?
Andy:burnboun: