CX Heaters too Hot !

Pommiefrog

Fellow Frogger
I noticed yesterday evening that there was a lot of heat coming out of the centre heater vents even though they were set to cold. It wasnt a particularly hot evening either.

Any idea why this happened? I had accelerated quite hard prior to the occurence, but this shouldnt be connected should it?

Hiya george, check the rubber seal between the bonnet, and the air intake tower. if it doesn't seal properly, hot air from the engine compartment can be drawn into the tower, and into the car.
john s, in a very hot and sweaty Bristol.

Pommiefrog said:
I noticed yesterday evening that there was a lot of heat coming out of the centre heater vents even though they were set to cold. It wasnt a particularly hot evening either.

Any idea why this happened? I had accelerated quite hard prior to the occurence, but this shouldnt be connected should it?

Quite strange, that is unheard of :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Smiffy is right, try the sponge between the tower and bonnet. But hey .... Do you realise the heater is ALWAYS on in these cars if it's hot :disappr:

The sun shining through the windscreen turns you all crispy, the floor get soaked with heat, the ventilation tower and ducting gets hot warming the air .... A CX is NOT a nice place to be on hot days.

seeya,
Shane L.

smiffy1071 said:
john s, in a very hot and sweaty Bristol.

Hot and sweaty? Its only 28 degrees in Bristol, a very pleasant temperature. Hot is where my brother was working on a gold mine in NW Western Australia - 45 degrees plus in the shade......

Thanks for the explanation, I am pleased to hear I wasn't losing my sanity and heat was coming out of the vents! I'll look into replacing that seal.

45 degrees in the shade! I can't even comprehend how hot and uncomfortable that would be.

Pommiefrog said:
45 degrees in the shade! I can't even comprehend how hot and uncomfortable that would be.

yeah, its a bit extreme :rolleyes: . He was rigging too, which is hard work in any temperature. Had to wear gloves because the metal was too hot to touch with bare hands, and tended to drink about 20 litres of water a day...

Haakon said:
Hot and sweaty? Its only 28 degrees in Bristol, a very pleasant temperature. Hot is where my brother was working on a gold mine in NW Western Australia - 45 degrees plus in the shade......
You need to remember that when we get warm weather here, it's a humid type of heat, which is uncomfortable. The same temperature in Alice Springs, actually feels quite nice, especially walking along the todd river with a bowl of strawberry cheesecake ice cream :D john s

smiffy1071 said:
You need to remember that when we get warm weather here, it's a humid type of heat, which is uncomfortable. The same temperature in Alice Springs, actually feels quite nice, especially walking along the todd river with a bowl of strawberry cheesecake ice cream :D john s

This is true, and same reason i would never live in Queensland... When i was last in London, it got up to the heady heights of 27 degrees. While not as bad as the dry high 30s it often hits round here, it was pretty humid and horrid - and downright horrendous down in the tube tunnels.... :rolleyes:

Wasnt nearly as bad as all the locals were making it out to be though :D

I'm just glad I managed to get all the windows working on my 22TRS. Before, if you opened the passenger window, it would come out of its runner, and drop to the bottom of the door!!! Not good, if you go to france, and have to open the window to pay on a toll road! :mad: Still, she's running the best she ever has since I've owned her, so that's good. john s

Pommiefrog said:
Yes us Brits like to moan whatever the weather!

While the Brits do have that reputation, Aussies are not usually afraid to moan about it a lot either :rolleyes: . We are in major drought and have been for a long time, and I still hear people complaining about the little rain we get :nownow: