CX heat insulation

cx24

Tadpole
Hi all,
I'm new here!
I am trying to track down a restoration thread that I remember reading a few years ago. It was about the CX, and part of it covered insulating the cabin from engine heat. I recall reading that the floor had been lined with some kind of insulation. Does this jog anyone's memory? I had the thread link saved in my old pc, but that pc died and now I can't find the thread on any Citroen forum anywhere in the world! I think I read it on this forum... Can anyone help?
Cheers!!
Andrew.

And here come the Aussies - LOADS of practical advice on heat-insulation will shortly be flooding this thread! Then again, given you are in UK (like me) you might not need the level of insulation that is required in the extreme temperatures of Australia? Over here, the air-con (on the one or two days when it actually decides to work) is just about enough except on the hottest of days..? My biggest concern would be creating new rust-traps vs keeping heat out of the cabin. Note in particular that the floorpans in CXes are rot-spots...

Hi all,
I'm new here!
I am trying to track down a restoration thread that I remember reading a few years ago. It was about the CX, and part of it covered insulating the cabin from engine heat. I recall reading that the floor had been lined with some kind of insulation. Does this jog anyone's memory? I had the thread link saved in my old pc, but that pc died and now I can't find the thread on any Citroen forum anywhere in the world! I think I read it on this forum... Can anyone help?
Cheers!!
Andrew.
It was "Double Chevron" if I recall correctly. He's still around on this forum so send him a message. He lined the car fully and it made a big difference from what he said. He'll probably see this too. He used one of those stick-on aluminium sheet products I think.

Thanks guys!
DoubleChevron!!! That is the exact thread I was referring to! You've just made my day. Thank you so much.
Eddief- yes, I am in the UK, but my old S1 CX doesn't have aircon, so insulation is what I need!

Aah... the link in the thread is dead... It would seem "lobucrod" doesn't exist any more...

Works for me.
Really?
Let me clarify- the link I was asking for in my first post, the one that is now contained in this thread, posted by DoubleChevron, works fine. After clicking on his link and getting there, the link that is contained in that thread, the actual link to the actual insulation material, doesn't.

That's possibly because EZcool don't exist anymore. They closed a couple of years ago and passed the business over to another company.

The only trouble is un-sticking it when you need to get to what’s underneath.....my tower fan et al looked like a rotisserie chicken; now after repairs looks like a burnt chook