Custom/Shelf extractors for 306 2lt in Sydney

CHRI'S16

1000+ Posts
Custom/Shelf extractors for 306 2lt in Sydney

Any one here had custom or off-the-shelf extractors made up for the 306 range of cars. In particular S16 or Gti-6
I have had 3 quotes which sent me into a spin. mega bucks.
A gti-6 exhaust manifold goes for about 1000-1700 depending on age and use. and even then they need slight mods to fit my S16.
Just wondering who has done this and didn't have to pay so much that a small supercharger conversion would be cheaper and yield more power @ only 5psi.
Im only after 140Kw... im part of the way there.
cheers Xq

I imported a used GTi6 manifold from the UK, $480 landed.
Might be worth considering....might actually be for sale if you're interested, i'll try to find out.

Cheers Andreas might be worth while and our second sale too....
let me know, Xq(chris)

Jezus $1000 for a factory manifold what a ripoff. You can get custom extractors for much cheaper than that. Those Spoon items for VTECS are that much and this is for a quality aftermarket extractor.

Good luck dude but dont pay that much its a ripoff...if i ever get rid of my gti6 extractors ill let u know.

Oh one question ive heard the GTi6 extractors are really good for a stock item is this true?

WRCPUG:
Jezus $1000 for a factory manifold what a ripoff. You can get custom extractors for much cheaper than that. Those Spoon items for VTECS are that much and this is for a quality aftermarket extractor.

Good luck dude but dont pay that much its a ripoff...if i ever get rid of my gti6 extractors ill let u know.

Oh one question ive heard the GTi6 extractors are really good for a stock item is this true?</strong>
I had very similar quotes for properly flowed and tested Extractors for the car but with engine pipe it ran up over $2500.00,
All shops say the same that there is so little room to work in,
As for the cost of the gti-6 is escelated by the fact that they are so hard to get, and there is a wait from the UK! that $1000 dollar figure is for a new one though. And YES they flow really well and are tuned very well, even for a factory system. Hence i wanted one first before extractors.
cheers Xq

Ok $1000 for brand new seems ok....but still eek!

and tested Extractors for the car but with engine pipe it ran up over $2500.00
Just one question wat is an engine pipe exactly?
Cause ive never heard that one before.

Anyways good luck with your search....but a supercharger sounds mighty tasty if thats your alternate :)

here a a coupl of posts from 306 gti/rallye forums.

The maniflow manifold is quite free flowing. I am not sure of the price as I had the exhaust done at the same time.

The down side is that it is a pig to install as the subframe has to come off.

The manifold and system(inc decat) gave me about 17 bhp and about 5ft/lb of torque. But this was at the top of the range so instaed of maxing at 6.2-6.4k it went out to about 6.8k b4 it started loosing power.

And this may have something to do with the cost

Its definitely a pig to replace the manifold. I've got a 16v XSi (GTi 6/Rallye wannan be) and fitted the GTi 6 exhaust manifold. Took me and a mate 9 hours to remove all the XSi stuff and fit the GTi replacements. As RichT says the suframes got to come off so that the engine can be droped to get enough clearance. Take a look back there its hard to beleive it actually fits.