Crazy Jeremy Clarkson Video

yeah that is an awsome car! :)

seen that video before. For around $90,000 AUD you can own one ;)

Beats pretty much anything on the road.

Reminds me of the old lotus light with grunt. .

As for the comment being faster then a bike, I dont think a CBR 600 was a fair comparison, there are quicker bikes out there. IE R1, R6 & GSXR 1000

Regardless that supercharged VTEC and weighing only 500kg did pull some serious G forces.

the sheer stopping power it has combined with the power to weight ratio of 600BHP per Tonne as well as it's mental suspension setup would have me think it would beat almost any road bike around a circuit.

the cornering speed on the car would destroy almost any bike
The new CBR600RR is quite a potent machine....and on that tight circuit i dont think a heavier big bore bike would be any better...if not be slower in the corners

I reckon that guy would have to have the best job in the world. Did anyone see the episode where he tried to kill a diesel Hilux? Classic :D

Yeah, love Top Gear. Wish they had it on TV here. It was essential viewing when I lived in the UK. Can only download episodes thru bit torrent and they are around 350MB each. I have downloaded 4 episodes and I have to say the latest ones are getting a bit boring compared with 2003 and 2004.

If anyone has any episodes I can burn some to swap.

blackster said:
, I dont think a CBR 600 was a fair comparison, there are quicker bikes out there. IE R1, R6 & GSXR 1000
I agree, an '06 ZX10RR or ZX636 would drill that. The OEM CBR's are the slowest in both the 600's & the litre class, that CBR is a poor choice.
Plus I know which one is more fun, and it ain't got 4 wheels.... but eeeh I'm biast. - Chris

Haakon said:
I reckon that guy would have to have the best job in the world. Did anyone see the episode where he tried to kill a diesel Hilux? Classic :D
Yep it's a classic alright. Both my brother and cousin have Hiluxes that won't die. Though they have only rolled theirs, and not blown-up or berried them.

Stone Free said:
Yeah, love Top Gear. Wish they had it on TV here. It was essential viewing when I lived in the UK. Can only download episodes thru bit torrent and they are around 350MB each. I have downloaded 4 episodes and I have to say the latest ones are getting a bit boring compared with 2003 and 2004.

I wish channel 10 would hire the guys that use to call the ute racing and get them to do a Top Gear style show. The channel 9 Car Show with Glen Ridge is utter crap.

blackster said:
Strange in the video Jeremy is claiming that the car is supercharged putting out 300Bhp with 0-100km/hr in 2.9 secs, in the article there is no mention of a scharger 220Bhp 0-100km/hr @ an est 3.5 secs.'

There are various different versions, there is a supercharged and non-supercharged one and various other options

hey Stone Free

Stone Free said:

hey, Top Gear resumes as of the 13th of november 2005, but they are only running 6 eposidies, not sure what the deal is with that is...

but i happen to have 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 on my comp, i burnt them for a mate last month and it waz about 4 dvd's worth, and considering that you are in nth balwyn and im in nth bawlyn, i guess if u want to, send me a PM and ive give u my detail etc. and for a swap of 4 blank dvd's i can arange you a copy, if you want.

so i guess ill be hearing from you.

Mike

WRCPUG said:
This car looks to be insane..ive never seen this guy get as excited as he did with this car. Simply an amazing car

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6514168251893889573&q=top+gear+ariel
:eek: :banana:

I have never seen anyone get that excited driving a car.
COuld I murder him and take his job without anyone knowing.

Did he remind anyone else of Woody in TOY STORY riding R/Cand having his cheeks flap in the breeze?? :roflmao: :roflmao:

That would be a total BUZZ
Almost as goos as s*x :joker:

Top Gear.

Stone Free said:

I think it was on Satelite up here.
Would be great to revisit the whole series.

Paul,
504-504-504
Northern Outpost.

We get it here on Foxtel. You have to check the guide daily to make sure you don't miss it when its on. Fifth Gear can be good too, more lifestyle type of show though.

kermit said:
I wish channel 10 would hire the guys that use to call the ute racing and get them to do a Top Gear style show. The channel 9 Car Show with Glen Ridge is utter crap.

Apparently Channel 9 is going to start some car type show in late October. Of course it won't be anything like Top Gear because there will be massive kick backs to say that some HSV or something will be an awesome car. At least Top Gear is funded by the BBC and if they drive a Porche and it's rubbish, they say so! If it wasn't for media like Top Gear we'd all have to make do with mediocrity. Time for Aussie Car makers to be held accountable for producing lo-fi rubbish.