Crankshaft Pulley - Okay to use?

James Gelido

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Belated Happy New Year Everyone!

Had a bit of a run in with my crankshaft pulley and managed to chip a section off the front half! :cry:

Would anyone know if it would still be okay to drive water pump belt? (picture attached)

If not, would anyone know where I could source a THIN crankshaft pulley (403 engine)?

Thanks in advance fellas and hope everyone is having a GREAT New Year so far!

82546082_801845893621175_8516115412830650368_n.jpg

If I was stuck I'd tension it up and run it to see. If it runs well I'd then use it till a replacement was available. Sorry I haven't got one handy or I'd be sending it straight away. I certainly would consider that a temporary situation as you wouldn't know when it would let go but most likely it would be chaffing the belt and would fail much earlier than a standard belt, [if it runs at all].

Belated Happy New Year Everyone!

Had a bit of a run in with my crankshaft pulley and managed to chip a section off the front half! :cry:

Would anyone know if it would still be okay to drive water pump belt? (picture attached)

If not, would anyone know where I could source a THIN crankshaft pulley (403 engine)?

Thanks in advance fellas and hope everyone is having a GREAT New Year so far!

View attachment 118198

Might have a pully, they are different (spacing) to the early 404 ones which are the same diameter at least

If I was stuck I'd tension it up and run it to see. If it runs well I'd then use it till a replacement was available. Sorry I haven't got one handy or I'd be sending it straight away. I certainly would consider that a temporary situation as you wouldn't know when it would let go but most likely it would be chaffing the belt and would fail much earlier than a standard belt, [if it runs at all].

No problems at all mate, thanks for the reply regardless. I think this is definietly the best bet till something pops up. Thanks again!

Might have a pully, they are different (spacing) to the early 404 ones which are the same diameter at least

Thanks Graham, this will be the last piece of the puzzle (hopefully). Keep me posted and Happy New Year! :)

Thanks Graham, this will be the last piece of the puzzle (hopefully). Keep me posted and Happy New Year! :)

Came across a pully and it is brand new! 99% sure it is for 403 but number is 0515-12 if you want to check.