Crank Position Sensor

The Fixer

Fellow Frogger
I have a P1335 code which I believe is a fault with the Crank position Sensor.
Anyone know where it/they located 2004 407 3.0l V6 petrol??

Last edited:
Last week I gave you a link to the parts guide to show you where a o2 sensor was this week you ask about another sensor I guess you didn’t get teach to fish memo
202DAC33-61AB-4FEC-958C-3746F2A1D57D.jpeg

If you have a fault with the cranky sensor that car will die or not start when hot and if it has completely failed it won't start at all

Don't need a code reader to fathom that one

I still think you're better off ripping the engine out and doing the job properly

What are the symptoms you are experiencing? An OBD code pointing to a specific component doesn't straight away mean that component is faulty. You need to evaluate the data in the context of your vehicle and symptoms.

With that in mind, unless your engine won't start at all, or has cut out while driving, I would not even begin to suspect the CAS.

A CAS fault can caused by a slow crank from a weak starter or weak battery. Or, it could be a dirty connection anywhere between the sensor and the ECU.

Is this the same 407 V6 you have been fixing for ages? They are a very simple engine to work on, and diagnose, I'm surprised it's taking you this long to sort it.