Composite mouldings. R8, A110, A310.

Steve K

Fellow Frogger
Once only and never to be repeated.
Moulds will then be DESTROYED!.
With my storage shed gone, spring weather and lockdown, now is the time.

If you are after a two bob job, please don't waste my time.
I don't come cheap.

As I am making some moulds for my own use, costings will be established as I progress.
Correct mould preparation etc. is involved and takes some time.

R8
Bonnet and engine lid. Fibreglass or carbon fibre.

A110
Low grille "Chin" Fibreglass
RHD dash CF
Door shells CF
Group 4 - the bulbous guards, front spoiler, duck tail engine lid. FG or CF

A310
4 cyl. F & R undertrays CF
V6 door shells CF
V6 roof, rear inner side panels CF
V6 RHD complete floor or part sections. this extends under fuel tank and inner guards. FG
V6 Group 4 front spoiler, guards and liners, sills, possibly rear louvres and whale tail. FG or CF

Last edited:
Hi Steve,
I am certainly interested in the under trays for the A310/4
Cheers Andy.

I could be interested in at least an R8 engine lid depending on price.

KB

Why on Earth would you destroy them rather than offer them for sale?

Steve, I take it that the 310 V6 rear spoiler is the Pack GT type? And the deal is that you will mould the bits to order?

Steve, I take it that the 310 V6 rear spoiler is the Pack GT type? And the deal is that you will mould the bits to order?
Hi Nauli
I have an original glass one with the large rubber spoiler.
My previous white A310 GP 4 replica had the same.
You may have seen photos of it around.
Regret selling it.
Running two Weber triples and needing an airbox to accommodate the trumpets,
I had to cut a suitable hole in the lower fibreglass section.
Well, at the time looking at the "shaker" in the rearview was sort of cool.

Now building another GP 4, I don't want to modify the original.
Other factors are rear weight that I am trying to minimise - it is quite heavy,
and better heat removal from the engine bay especially when stopped.

So the plan is to make a similar shape unit with louvres instead of clear glass.

Hi Steve....thanks for the reply. My A310 has the two Weber triples and hole in the lower section like your previous one. I can't remember specifically seeing pics of your white one. Mine isn't a competition car so weight isn't a huge issue for me. I was just thinking about a Pack GT spoiler to replace the rubber one.
The only real issue I have with mine is with the RHD conversion, the clutch pedal is right up against the "transmission tunnel" and there's nowhere to put my left leg comfortably. I'm not sure if the pedal box can be modified.

Hi Nauli.
The original pack GT spoiler is a rubber one glued to the glass.
It overhangs onto the tops of the rear guards.
So you must have the standard spoiler.
I am not building a track car although it may be used for an occasional club sprint.
The louvred lid will incorporate a hollow carbon spoiler.
Looks right with the fat guards and deep front spoiler.
Having used my GT as a daily driver and having built a few other V6's, I have
a fairly clear idea of how they can be significantly improved without adulterating the car.
Rear weight, horsepower and torque, tractability, sound, brakes, suspension, rear tyre wear etc.

With regard to pedal placement, there is not much space down there. I had a couple of 6 footers
test with their big feet...
Arrived at a placement to work all three pedals and miss the steering column etc.
A clutch rest pad on the tunnel allows me to rest my little size 7.5 foot in a relaxed position to
the left of the pedal shaft. But I have to slip past the pedal pad. i.e. during gearchanging, I keep my
foot back from the pedal, and slip past onto the rest while cruising.

Steve....yes I have the standard rubber spoiler.
There is basically bugger all room to the left of my clutch pedal. I was wondering about offsetting the pad a bit to the right. Interestingly there is a lot more space around the pedals in my A110....though it is LHD...
My A310 is the ex Tom Riley car....from Tas and Victoria.... I suspect you know the car. It goes nicely and now starts a lot easier with an electric fuel pump. .....and it sounds sublime!

It was imported in 1986 and was RHD converted in Tassie the was sold and came to Vic in 1994 where Alpine Affaire did some work on it. It came to WA in the mid 2000's.

No I didn't...I've only bought Tom's car earlier this year. I used to admire Andrew's car years ago at some of the sprint events we competed in against each other (I drove Subaru's back then). In fact when I first got the A310 I thought that it may have been Andrew's old car, but that wasn't the case. Do you know where Andrew and the car are now...still Melbourne?

Andrew lives in Williamstown (Melb) now.
Yes, the two cars were the same colour and often confused.
Yours had the upturned exhaust tailpipes that stick out - non?

Oui....correct! Voila...
Does Andrew still have his?

Attachments

• A310_2resize.jpg
    A310_2resize.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 93