Colorale 1953 Pick-up 85 (R2091)

ebay fr is your friend but you will need deep pockets by the looks..

View attachment 121521
That looks like a variation on the Ruby Scintex lamp but it isn't in my brochure. Glass not plastic too by the look of it.

Some 1950s lights wanted.
The discussion on the bits and pieces on the Colorale has prompted me to see if I can source a few bits I don't have, not that I'm anywhere near ready for them.
I am after:
1. pair of tail lights.
I do have a Left one that should be repairable so just a RHS one would do. These may be the same as on other Renaults and possibly some of the Peugeot 203s?

2. pair of side/turn lights.
These I believe are the same as the ones on the 4CV and in the Colorale Pick-ups were fitted just behind the door on the pillar.

With regard to the rear vision mirror discussion - my Pick-up and the spare car do not have these fitted, for obvious reasons. There are some pictures of Pick-ups that show a central window but chances are these are Savane or a Fourgon that have been chopped. That may also explain why some photos of "Pick-ups" don't have the large plaque on the tailgate. All tailgates were the same shape on all models.

Of interest also is that the two rear cabin windows slide open and the trim around them on the outside is made from wood, as is the protection on the bottom of the fuel tank i.e. a matting of wood strips. These are all full of borers so will need to be replaced.

View attachment 121516
View attachment 121520
View attachment 121519

Grantee.
The side parking light/indicator you've shown is a common 4CV fitting. You could try posting on the Renault 4CV facebook page for that. They are available ex-France new AFAIK.

I'd be interested to know how many ute versions were produced and how many are still on the road worldwide, I'll do some searching.

Post scriptum: Actually according to a reliable source the numbers appear to be 80 RHD R2091s were made in 1951 and about 9 of the R2093 RHD in 1952 & 1954.
Wow. And they produced a brochure! One batch as a trial perhaps and a few LHD to order of the R2093. This is one rare vehicle.

I have my Pick-up listed as 1953 but that is what it was advertsied as and there are no dates on either vehicle however. It may well be 1951 as indicated by 59 Floride. I have sent some information to the Colorale Club in France so we'll see how well I've done with Google translate. The 1972 Rego sticker doesn't have a year on it either.

Windscreen is flat and tail light lens is glass. Will chase up through the 4CV facebook for the side lights.
Thanks for your help and info.

David I would note that your Colorale appears to have Fregate wheels in which case I would have spare hubcaps if you need them, they're not flash but better than nothing at all.

David I would note that your Colorale appears to have Fregate wheels in which case I would have spare hubcaps if you need them, they're not flash but better than nothing at all.
I do believe the wheels and hubcaps are the same as the Fregate i.e. 16".
A decent set of hubcaps was on my list. I do have four but this is the best of them.
I'll pm you.

Attachments

• Colorale hubcap.jpg
    Colorale hubcap.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 193
Fregate wheels are 15". My stash of hubcaps don't have any that resemble yours. If you have a set of four that is a good start and it will only cost you $100 each to have them re-chromed. Don't ask me how I know..:cautious:

I have my Pick-up listed as 1953 but that is what it was advertsied as and there are no dates on either vehicle however. It may well be 1951 as indicated by 59 Floride. I have sent some information to the Colorale Club in France so we'll see how well I've done with Google translate. The 1972 Rego sticker doesn't have a year on it either.

Windscreen is flat and tail light lens is glass. Will chase up through the 4CV facebook for the side lights.
Thanks for your help and info.
We are probably all as pleased as you are. Fancy one of these turning up....

I for one would be interested to see what the French have to say about this, perhaps this is the last genuine survivor who would know.
We could be in for another Rainbow warrior moment here..

I for one would be interested to see what the French have to say about this, perhaps this is the last genuine survivor who would know.
We could be in for another Rainbow warrior moment here..
There's one in France...
Prairie with tray top.jpg
Prairie with tray top 2.jpg

Do you know how many colorale still inlive in austalia ?
Very few! Personally, I know of three Prairie wagons. One is perhaps being restored in South Australia, one sunburned example was recovered last year from a farm in New South Wales and lives in Queensland (see photos) and maybe will be restored. There was one more reported on Aussiefrogs a few years ago and that one was being converted into a hotrod. One or two utilities have been reported on Aussiefrogs in the last year or two, to our surprise, and one of them seemed in quite good condition and with the Gregoire suspension. That makes five! I don't know that any of them are running (yet). Maybe an owner will see this and comment.
Prairie rear view.jpg
Prairie front view.jpg