Codes for various EW10J4S BE4 gearboxes

mookstix

Tadpole
Hey guys i'm trying to find the specific codes for the various PSA's that use the EW10J4S and the BE4. Specifically i'm trying to find the final drive ratios and the part numbers from the 307 Feline, the C4 VTS etc. I have a GTI 180 and i'm wanting to swap out the final drive for a 4.29, which is the supposed FD for both the Feline and the VTS but I can't find their specific codes. I want to go straight to Peugeot and order an OEM FD to chuck in, without any parts numbers/codes Peugeot are no help, they just have absolutely no clue. Also I can't get into servicebox, i'm not a mech so no access.

So if peugeot have no idea I guess I won’t bother helping you who did you ask and what exactly do you want part numbers for crown wheel

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Won't bother helping? Weird.

My local Peugeot dealership isn't a dedicated Peugeot dealership, they just have the brand as well as 15 other makes, so when trying to get information no one I talked to in sales or service had any clue how to find what I needed without VIN numbers as these are all 10+ year old cars. They had no idea about which BE4 fit's the EW10J4S and I don't blame them, they sell new Subarus and Alfas, they never even see old Peugeots for service. Now I can try and elevate to Peugeot NZ etc. but it seems like without the VIN for a specific car they will need to invest alot of time trying to find what I need, and I can't see anyone bothering for such an old car and such an odd request.

I want a crownwheel and pinion IF the info i've found is correct and they're 4.29. If that's true they should go straight in to my 180's box with no issues, they should be cheaper than a Quaife or Pug1off item and i'd be dealing with someone here at home. So I figured if I can get the gearbox code then I can tell Peugeot I want the crownwheel and pinion from the BE4 with x code. Seems to be the easiest way to get what I need given the issues i'm facing.

Give me your vin and I will have a look what options you have

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Join ServiceBox as an independent and you'll be able to search the data base.

The brief look I had was a 4.29 CW & P is 17 x 73. Generally changing the final drive ratio means a new output shaft (second line) as well as the crownwheel. That requires removing all the gears and syncros from the original shaft and fitting them to the new one.

Cheers guys. I'll try join up, just get stuck on 'which business am I' lol, but i'll try muddle through then at least I can try and navigate servicebox. Vin is - VF32CRFKA44051422

I was hoping I wouldn't have to change any of the shafts. I wonder if I could just swap in the whole box from the VTS or Feline to make it easier, I need diagrams lol. The main reason I don't trust the info I have is I can't see why they'd put a higher FD in what is a more luxury oriented car? A 4.29 in mine with it's 17"s will see something like 4000rpm at 100km-ish, pretty high for a 'luxury' car like the 307 Feline.

There is a bunch of dam numbers to and from I got a heap of part numbers for a customer a few weeks ago but in the end I asked him to get a vin number for a car at the wreckers that he wanted to try that way you can be sure that it will be good to go happy to check any vins you need the combinations are crazy.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE