code to program key fob

Dex20

Tadpole
hi,

i have a Peugeot 207 2011 1.6 petrol. i don’t have the code to program key fob. so i contacted the dealer and they wanted $80 to give it to me. is there a way to get it for cheaper/free? eg, with diagbox?

It is stored only on Peugeot's computer, so a dealer is your only source. My codes were given to me for nothing, so it can depend on the dealer. $80 is a bit steep for a 5 minute look-up.

The dealer may want to be satisfied that you are the owner, eg rego papers and your licence..

Perhaps for that price he will set up the car to recognise the key.

i can pay the $80 but it seems very stupid to pay them $80 just to look it up on their database. the information should have been supplied with the car in the first place. it is as if they sell the car didn’t give you the special key to remove the alloy wheels.

It was up until around 2010 it was removed because people left them in the car and insurance rules needed these to be separated mainly in Europe. I have a tool that can pull the code from the obd port if you have a working key but i am in Newcastle.
On the cost don’t forget dealers pay over 2k a month for service box subscriptions I would give codes for free to loyal customers but sometimes peoples only interaction with the dealer is when they want something for free.