clutch and injectors

Andreas,

Why would you need a adjustable fuel regulator
Are the 346cc injectors high impedence or low impedence
Motec engine managements have very good resolution so why cant they tune a relatively small injector
I have heard they can tune injectors over 500cc and still keep idle quality with a quality engine management system like a motec

Murat

adjustable fuel reg to pump up the pressure to 3.5 bar or thereabouts if the 300cc injectors were just lacking by a fraction.
i dont know what to do at the moment, most likely i'll end up getting the 346cc injuctors, $170 each :( $270 retail apparently, just cos Porsche use them!
even considered an 8 injector setup but i'm using a M4...but then if it were possible we start getting too serious with the $$$

Andreas you are getting me confused
I am going to try and help
Now if you use a adjustable fuel reg and bump up fuel pressure to 3.5 bar
Then wouldn't you run into problems that the people you dealing with want to avoid in the first place that is trying to get enough fuel up in the upper power range while keeping things acceptable in the lower ranges
Think about it
Because if u bump up the pressure to 3.5 bar u will have 3.5 bar of pressure at idle as well
The injectors will then flow more per injector pulse width
Andreas it is a vicious circle
I would only accept the correct injectors
You don't want to pay for things u dont need ex adjustable fuel regulator
your m4 should have the resolution for the 346cc injectors anyway isn't that what you pay the extra money for
Hope this helps

Murat

Increasing the pressure from 3 to 3.5 bar will result in an 8% increase in flow rate. ie 214 x 1.08 = 231

if i dont make any sense it's because i've been sniffing mdf and other stuff, building a sub box.

i dont want to go and buy the 346cc injectors and then have problems with them being too big, once i've got them i'm stuck with them.
i thought adjustable pressure regs only incresed the pressure when needed, isnt that what rising rate means?
it looks like i'm going to go out and buy the 346cc ones.

btw the 214cc i have now is at 2.5 bar, whereas the 346cc is at 3 bar.