clio rs 172 track prep

rs172

Tadpole
Hi folks

New to this forum, but not new to French motoring (Pug 205 GTi, 207 GT, 307, 2016 GTi and 404 sedan in the past).

I'm prepping a 2002 Clio RS 172 for weekend fun and the occasional track and hillclimb shenanigans.

The car came to me without any service history, and the first inspection threw up these things:
  • Likely oil leak from rocker cover
  • LH steering rack boot split / leaking
  • Bump stops in front shocks split
  • Rear exhaust mounts split
  • Driveshaft dampener split
  • Top engine mount sagging
I can do most of this work myself, but my question is where is the best source of parts that folks have found?

I'm already familiar with K-TEC and looking at Euro Car Parts, RPD in the UK. Anything local that's price-equivalent?

There are a bunch of other mods already on the car and I'm doing a suspension rebuild, mounts and bushes refresh very soon so want to get as much done whilst bits and pieces are off the car as possible.

Grateful for any tips or steerage you might have :)

I bought a sad Clio 172 about 6-7 months ago & decided to save it from the scrap heap so have rectified several issues with it. I found this UK based F-Book forum group very helpful as they are crazy about Clio rs vehicles & well worth a look,good luck with it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/cliosport/

Attachments

• New boots 205-50 -r16 resized.jpg
    New boots 205-50 -r16 resized.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 112