Clio Renaultsport 182 in the UK

Covert

Fellow Frogger
Just thought people maybe interested, maybe worth the wait if it even comes to australia. Sounds to me like a interum model, spice up the range before something new comes.......... down the track.

A Christmas gift for the Clio Renaultsport 172

As one of the fleet‚s star performers, we thought the Clio Renaultsport deserved a present. So, we‚ve given it a swift injection of an extra 10hp to make it the Clio Renaultsport 182! That means its stunning performance is improved to an outstanding 0-62 in just 7 seconds and a top speed of 139mph. Add to that the kind of looks you‚d expect from a Clio and we‚re talking about a car that‚s guaranteed to impress.

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/clio182/thecar.htm

Errmm.. old news?

All of the Clio II Phase III Sports have 182bhp...

The UK cars are thought to be special.. mainly by the Poms.. but they are just the words they use. They only get what the French make.. and the 182 is standard as of 2004 on.

Eg the UK "Clio Cup".. bah.. its a Jean Ragnotti.. simply.

Yeah, seen that. http://www.cliosport.net has some pictures and things. I dont' know, I don't really like the Clio V6 lookalike back, it... looks after market? mm don't know... my Renault dealer tells me i can get that body kit now anyways. 10HP won't really make that much of a diference, clio 172 is .2 seconds slower according to factory. Point is, that extra 10 HP only comes out at high end, the bottom end useful range for everyday driving is still the same.
I did like the digital fuel and temp gauge though, and a proper trip computer instead of the current one which sits where the odo meter sits. And I think the shift light has changed to where teh taco meter is, so you can actually see it! But I'm happy with mine. Problems and all, i guess its the ownership experience of one of those little buggers.

I think you'll find the Clio V6 is more than just a bodykit (ie check the doorhandles)

I have seen pictures of look-alike kits, but to my eyes, they don't seem to match the aggressiveness of the real thing!