Clio airbag warning

mr bern

1000+ Posts
My wife is a very happy -- and temperate -- Clio 1.4L auto driver. In the 18 months or so that she's owned it, she has had no cause for complaint except for finding that the back door handle linkages weren't ever connected, but last Sunday, she noticed a "SERV" and airbag warning on the dashboard that came up after the power-on sequence, and refused to go away :eek: .

Rang her dealer, who seemed to say, "Oh, that", and scheduled a two-hour visit yesterday to get it fixed under warranty.

Anybody else had this problem and/or know what it is? Nearest explanation I could get from her is that she was told it's a dodgy connection somewhere ...

:peugeot: MY99 206 GTi
:renault: Clio 1.4L auto

It could just be the connection under the seat, especially if things are shoved under there. The connection seems a little frail unfortunately. Get it checked by the dealer properly to make sure what it is though.

Craig said:
It could just be the connection under the seat, especially if things are shoved under there. The connection seems a little frail unfortunately. Get it checked by the dealer properly to make sure what it is though.

This a recurring problem with my 01 Clio Sport, been "fixed" 2 times now, came back last week......

Last time the dealer mentioned the under seat connection, so obviously a known, but somewhat unrectifiable problem. The disconcerting thing is of course that while the "serv" light is displayed the airbag and seatbelt pre-tensioners are disabled, so don't hit anything too solid at anything above 25km/h! ;)

Mind you I understand that MK1 Clio's in the UK had a habit of spontaneously deploying the airbag whilst standing still or parked with the engine switched off, so I guess the warning light is a step forward!

Anybody else had this problem and/or know what it is?
1.4L Clio Manual - Yes. Had it happen a couple of times but don't know what the problem was. Fixed now.

matt205 said:
Mind you I understand that MK1 Clio's in the UK had a habit of spontaneously deploying the airbag whilst standing still or parked with the engine switched off, so I guess the warning light is a step forward!

hehehe

my esp light came on before, during normal driving. It's normally just some conectors.

I had my ABS/Traction ESP light come on...

Turns out that the normal brake light wasnt coming on... so wasnt feeding data back, however it could sense the g's when i did brake!
So it couldnt work it out & wanted a human to find the answers...

Adjusted the brake light & no probs since!

*smart little systems all double checking themselves*

nate said:
I had my ABS/Traction ESP light come on...

Turns out that the normal brake light wasnt coming on... so wasnt feeding data back, however it could sense the g's when i did brake!
So it couldnt work it out & wanted a human to find the answers...

Adjusted the brake light & no probs since!

*smart little systems all double checking themselves*
damn you must have the smarter one, because mine was really just some conectors and software.