Cleaning rims

Matthew

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I have 4 second hand 306 rims with a good deposit of what seems to be tar in them, what is the best cleaner for this? Apart from kero and elbow grease looking for anything better?

Ta Ta Tar?

Cool, tyre cleaner is removing most but its hard work. will try Kenco once home, Big bath and expensive those transducers..

Yeah, not really an option for the home player.

Maybe you could let it soak in the cleaner a bit? Perhaps blotch it and let it sit with the tyre cleaner on top for a little, might help penetration and reduce the amount of scrubbing needed. A paper towel soaked in the cleaner and stuck on top of it?

I have 4 second hand 306 rims with a good deposit of what seems to be tar in them, what is the best cleaner for this? Apart from kero and elbow grease looking for anything better?

Ta Ta Tar?
I have always removed tar with a rag soaked in diesel. Just need to give it a wash with soap after it is removed.

I would use kerosene or diesel, then wash residue off with dishwashing detergent and water.

Its not tar now, that came off easily its like brake dust barnacles, hard little drops that require physical removal with brake cleaner, done slowly!

I am sure I have used other brake cleaner that seems to do this easily, but its at home 1400km away.