Cleaning and Prep Work

if you have a local barrel plater (ballarat has a good one) just take a big bucket of stuff up and get them to put it through for you.
Do you have the name of the Ballarat player please? Don’t need it any more for the Safari, but always good to build up a database of good suppliers.

Sven

Some bits you will need to deassemble, like the horn brackets…remember to TAKE PHOTOS. Things that look surprisingly simple to put back together can become a mystery with the passing of time. (Horn brackets are just one example, as there’s a few ways these will easily go back together, but only one way is correct🤔

Ummm, Hi Glenn! I took my horns off several years ago (without photos) and now that you mention it, it seems like I have no idea how they go back on! This on a second nose 1964 ID19 car. Do you have a photos of the correct set up? I can't find one!!!

Thanks leconte

Hi leconte, it’s amazing just how many ways those brackets can be assembled😊
I’m not sure if your car is the same, but if you mean the twin electric horns mounted just behind the bumper…then I will dig out the pics tomorrow and post them in this discussion
cheers
Glenn

So sorry but I have thrown out most of the pics of individual bits.
Taken before digital cameras were really a ubiquitous thing, I held on to the glossies for 20-years…and dis a clean out as a lockdown project!
I kept the negs in case I ever needed them, but just how I print from them in the days of digital is a mystery 🧐

16213F68-8158-4C3B-AE03-9297FCDCE6C9.jpeg
0958329C-8318-40D6-8BBF-7DB19ED50F1A.jpeg

Does this help? Or was your arrangement different?

Sven