Citrothello - DS 19 CABRIOLET 1964 AUSTRALIAN.

This is really nice but------ if it is an Australian car " Why is it Left Hand Drive"? Surely it is a private import into Australia until it wound up in Europe again!

I may be wrong but I believe this cabriolet was purchased ex USA in the late 80’s or early 90’s site unseen via “Hemmings” add then Shipped to Perth and driven back Melbourne!!! Had a lot of faith!

So Chapron painted the dashboards to match the body colour - and in gloss not wrinkle finish.

Would that be a crime in a regular DS?

LnDWp1W.jpg

So Chapron painted the dashboards to match the body colour - and in gloss not wrinkle finish.

Would that be a crime in a regular DS?

Yes saw that this morning on instagram - correct for a Chapron but a no no for a regular DS :nownow:

Cheers
Chris

This is my cab. It was bought from Citroen Andre in 2011. It was shipped from Holland as a project. Without going into detail no-one here was even close to competent to do this car properly. I was extremely fortunate to come across Othello who has an unbelievable passion for and knowledge of these cars. Yes, shipped here then back to Europe again $$$. The International register of DS Cabriolet and Chapron models Belgium, has confirmed with the co-ordinator of Cabriolet and Chapron cars for the Dutch ID-DS Club that this car was originally Blanc Carrare from France 17 July 64.

This is my cab. It was bought from Citroen Andre in 2011. It was shipped from Holland as a project. Without going into detail no-one here was even close to competent to do this car properly. I was extremely fortunate to come across Othello who has an unbelievable passion for and knowledge of these cars. Yes, shipped here then back to Europe again $$$. The International register of DS Cabriolet and Chapron models Belgium, has confirmed with the co-ordinator of Cabriolet and Chapron cars for the Dutch ID-DS Club that this car was originally Blanc Carrare from France 17 July 64.

Getting close now, really taking shape. . .
Update #11
https://citrothello.net/blog/ds-19-cabriolet-1964-australienne-11/

Cheers
Chris

Beautiful colour, Blanc Carrare. Can have the slightest hint of sea green/blue in it. I think Citroen named it after Carrarra marble from Italy (?), such as Michelangelo used for many sculptures including "David". If I ever get around to full bodywork and repaint on my white (Heidelberg) ID then I would probably go this colour rather than the pretty bland local Aussie (dulux?) 4318 Angora white.

Beautiful work, puts the rest of us to shame but marvellous to see. Congratulations jdshmd.