Citroen Script Bonnet Badge for ID19

I have just ordered a reproduction polished bronze Citroen Badge from AUTHENTICLIGHTINGANDHARDWARE
https://www.authenticlightingandhardware.com/citroen-cars-parts-for-sale.html
Price was a very reasonable $A36.50 + $10 shipping. Apparently it was cast from an original. The bronze material should be more resilient than the original zinc. I will have to get it chrome-plated myself. The mounting posts are threaded with retaining nuts, rather than the posts with clips as original. I look forward to receiving it.

I was also alerted by a Citroen Car Club UK member to a ebay Italy listing for an original badge of the correct type and have purchased that as well... It looks okay in the photos but it is difficult to assess. We will see whether it is good enough to go on the car when it arrives.

Thank you everybody for contributions and advice.

Last edited:
I think the Slough Citroen's, particularly ones that have been in Australia are very covetable as they are rare beasts now and have probably weathered the years better overall than most in the UK. As for the badge I was going to suggest the UK french car forum for a call out but looks like you might have it sorted.

you looking for these? Bruno gave them to me as Citro Motors was being sold to Mel Carey and he was cleaning up....

Attachments

• BF4A0C8C-1B96-4D4C-9D4C-02DDB0BDEBCF.jpeg
    BF4A0C8C-1B96-4D4C-9D4C-02DDB0BDEBCF.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 149
John,

The quote I got from Mastercast was $550.00 + GST. to make the mould, the commitment to buy a minimum of 30 units at $35.00 ea. + GST. Material was to be zinc, Chromium plated finish. I'm not sure about the exact casting process, but they were factoring on creating a new CAD model for the badge as mine was so badly corroded as to not be a good master. I think the price quoted was reasonable, except I only need one badge... I am pleased to know about the reproduction badges you made previously. I have ordered on in polished bronze which I will get chrome plated.

Geoffrey
Thankyou for that. If we got more orders we would probably get a batch chromed. As it is, your order might be the only one for a while so it won't be in my son's interest to fire things up.
Our mould price used to be the cost price of $65.00 which I thought reasonable. I'd like him to do a batch of DS keyrings but again, without the orders it is not worth his while.
Our website setup works okay, only because we have a lot of stock left over from the shop but realistically a lot of it is "love jobs".
We continue to have fun with cars, working on the '68 Safari, '56 Big15, '54 Vagabond and what fun, the model T which we just acquired from brother Michael. He's busy on a '23 Buick ute, Series 111 Landrovers and vintage Hupmobiles. Our everyday cars such as the '68ID19B, Big 6 and the D Special are doing fine.
Always learning - - - been looking at distributor rotors and how the insulation can break down. Just cleaned one up and put nail polish on to see if it works as an experiment.

John

Attachments

• Model T-d-aug-20.jpg
    Model T-d-aug-20.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Model T-a-aug-20.jpg
    Model T-a-aug-20.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 134
  • buick-G-6-20.jpg
    buick-G-6-20.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Big6-d24-5-20.jpg
    Big6-d24-5-20.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
I may be wrong but my 1967 DSM Pallas has a bonnet badge but it is gold like the other boot badges. It was gold and weather-beaten and I had restored in Adelaide. I can find their name if anybody wants it. They did a superb job. My point is - maybe ID19 chrome and the Pallas were gold ?IMG_1224 Citroen bonnet badge - restored.JPG

Last edited:
I would not be surprised if these script badges were not actual factory products. In period, many small manufacturers made accessories for Citroen cars. ROBRI being the biggest of them. While gold plating was reserved at factory for actual DS cars and silver metal for IDs I doubt the accessory sellers would make any distinction. IIRC we could buy them as accessories here in OZ.

http://www.koolhaas.demon.nl/robri-e.htm

I have to applaud the passion and the search for authenticity.