Citroen Parramatta showroom

gembee

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,
Just drove down Church St in Parramatta and noticed the Citroen showroom closed and empty and all the cars and Citroen signage gone.
The Peugeot showroom was still there.

This is strange as these showrooms were only built a couple of years on a lot that was part of the Subaru dealership. Peugeot and Citroen shared the premises on the new lot but were operating separately. I can't see them renovating / modernising the premises as these were already brand new. And Peugeot is still there.
It's a big concern that the Citroen signage has been removed.

I'm hoping there's a bigger picture here and that Citroen is opening a dedicated showroom somewhere else nearby. (But I can't see that happening!).
Not looking good at all.

regards
Gembee

To be honest , the Citroen models on offer at the moment do nothing to excite me - a committed citroenist - and I can't see how they would attract the average Aussie!
Citroen got only themselves to blame, really.
Hopefully the coming of the 2021 C5 might remedy that, and new showrooms will be needed again.🤞

With Australian sales of just over three a week what would the staff in a dedicated dealership do?

"Work" from home?
Job keeper/seeker?
Chat on aussie frogs?
Sleep?
Drink?

I know.... close the business!

My wife's Peugeot 407 was serviced LAST WEEK, with two days notice at Regan's new Peugoet service place in Hawthorn in Melbourne. There were a couple of C3 somethings there, uninteresting, and C6 for service inside. When we picked up the car there was a white C5 there for service. When I was unhappy with the large dealership's approach to oil changes in my C5 Regan's kindly did that for me, over ten years ago. Citroen is Peugeot, for the moment.

Peugeot isn't what it was either. The new 508 looks absolutely awful. My wife says her next car will be a Kia. Sic transit gloria mundi.

Unfortunately for Peugeot many French agree with your wife. Earlier in the year Kia was outselling Peugeot in France, partly from French plant closures but still unprecedented.

Peugeot isn't what it was either. The new 508 looks absolutely awful. My wife says her next car will be a Kia. Sic transit gloria mundi.
Many would disagree with that - the reviews of the 508 are very positive.

After driving Citroens the past 20 years (Xantia, C5 V6 and two C5 X7 diesels), I bought a 508 Sportswagon a few months ago. Wonderful car.

Many would disagree with that - the reviews of the 508 are very positive.

After driving Citroens the past 20 years (Xantia, C5 V6 and two C5 X7 diesels), I bought a 508 Sportswagon a few months ago. Wonderful car.
Agree. The 508 looks great , so it's good to know it is also a good car. I suspect the main bones are going to be found in the new 2021 C5, so I'll try and stay loyal to Citroen next year if it looks good.
Otherwise will also desist to the 508.

Sales of the 508 were nearly up to 5 a week in Australia so Inchcape took decisive action and substantially increased the price. That should settle things down again and restore calm to the showrooms. The new model 208 is the best selling car in France. It is due in Australia this year. There was a risk of sales so Inchcape increased the base price by $10500. That should maintain the 208's sales record in Australia of mostly zero and cars two and even three years old sitting out the back.

Agree. The 508 looks great , so it's good to know it is also a good car. I suspect the main bones are going to be found in the new 2021 C5, so I'll try and stay loyal to Citroen next year if it looks good.
Otherwise will also desist to the 508.
I am a very loyal Citroen person. We've had many in our family - my wife still has a C4GP which we love and one of my children has a Cactus. But the 508 is superb. It's 200kg lighter than my C5 Tourer and with the turbo 1.6 it goes like a rocket. Steering is excellent, and adaptive suspension incredibly good. I'm not missing the carpet ride.

Sales of the 508 were nearly up to 5 a week in Australia so Inchcape took decisive action and substantially increased the price. That should settle things down again and restore calm to the showrooms. The new model 208 is the best selling car in France. It is due in Australia this year. There was a risk of sales so Inchcape increased the base price by $10500. That should maintain the 208's sales record in Australia of mostly zero and cars two and even three years old sitting out the back.
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Inchcape do seem to take aim for their feet and usually hit the target.

The new model 208 is the best selling car in France. It is due in Australia this year. There was a risk of sales so Inchcape increased the base price by $10500. That should maintain the 208's sales record in Australia of mostly zero and cars two and even three years old sitting out the back.
I think 208 stock ran out in Sep 2019. I don't believe there are any plans to sell the next model 208 in Australia - certainly not this year.

Not what the press says. Or said. But it makes sense. Why would Inchcape import the most acclaimed and best selling of the Peugeot range and best seller in France?

Last edited:
For a company with Inchcape's experience and resources, I am thinking there is a commercial strategy NOT to sell them, while appearing willing on the surface.

I am a very loyal Citroen person. We've had many in our family - my wife still has a C4GP which we love and one of my children has a Cactus. But the 508 is superb. It's 200kg lighter than my C5 Tourer and with the turbo 1.6 it goes like a rocket. Steering is excellent, and adaptive suspension incredibly good. I'm not missing the carpet ride.
I'm impressed with Peugeot consistently dropping weight with new models. I'm my opinion the 508 is the most beautiful Sports wagons ever.

Perhaps people don't have $64000 for a medium sized car with a 1.6 litre engine with only East Coast dealer support. It didn't sell well against its competitors at the lower price so putting the price up substantially is a curious move. It is indeed a nice car but buyers are not enthusiastic about subsidizing the cost of an inefficient local import operation.