Citroen outsells Peugeot in France

Davide Perinet

Fellow Frogger
Citroen has finally beaten Peugeot in France for vehicules sold: :banana: :adrink: and has better growth (probably because it has better cars) than Peugeot & Renault.

1. Renault (10 736) - 20%
2. Citroën (7370) + 19%
3. Peugeot (7233) - 3%
4. Volkswagen (2666) + 4%

(semaine du 19 au 25 octobre 2005)

Davide Perinet said:
(probably because it has better cars)
probably, but you don't know for sure.... besides its the same thing now days all just PSA... - Chris

This is easily explained by citroen having the new models.

The 206 is all but gone a six year old car just doesn't sell well. So once the 207 is released (and if it is a good car) I am sure the numbers will return.

Having said that, the C2, C4 and C5 are all fantastic cars.

Having said that, the C2, C4 and C5 are all fantastic cars.

And very good sellers all through France. I remember seeing loads more Citroen badges there than Peugeot badges there when i was there a few yrs back. :tongue:

danielsydney said:
And very good sellers all through France. I remember seeing loads more Citroen badges there than Peugeot badges there when i was there a few yrs back. :tongue:

Must be those rosy eyes ;)

Citroen probably only just managed to beat Peugeot after offering 20% off their cars - isn't that how they get people to buy them in the UK :D

Davide Perinet said:
(semaine du 19 au 25 octobre 2005)

That sentence means one week sales from Wednesday 19th of October to Tuesday 25th of October.
So Citroen outsells Peugeot in France for one week period.

Look also sales figures, not very high...
They sell 7000 Citroens in Finland per year and we have 15-times less population than France...

Last edited:
Pug307 said:
Must be those rosy eyes ;)

Citroen probably only just managed to beat Peugeot after offering 20% off their cars - isn't that how they get people to buy them in the UK :D

Yes, that is because the English have no idea. I drove a 2002 Rover once and a my 15 year old BX:headbang: drives better.