Citroen Ebay listings..

Seems cheap, then the k's tend to make one wonder about the 16 valves and their associated bits.
The stories of BX owners ( car ) woes do frequent more often than not.

For an aficionado of the model, perhaps it is a good one to buy and preserve if it hasn't had the full plastic fatigue malaise occur.

Seems cheap, then the k's tend to make one wonder about the 16 valves and their associated bits.
The stories of BX owners ( car ) woes do frequent more often than not.

For an aficionado of the model, perhaps it is a good one to buy and preserve if it hasn't had the full plastic fatigue malaise occur.

I think real 16v enthusiasts are thin on the ground, they (the cars) certainly do require constant upkeep. An aquired taste, they can be very rewarding and as you are about to fall head over heels they kick you in the 'ice hole' :clown:

It's strange but there is possibly more value in parts than as a whole car, punters will pay $1500.00 for a good front bumper? Might be a little early but give it a few of years and good examples, if you can find one will start to command decent dollars...

...again, I must state I know nothing of this particular car, owning one though I do have a vested interest in seeing the bidding a little more enthusiastic :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

they can be very rewarding and as you are about to fall head over heels they kick you in the 'ice hole' :clown:

Cheers
Chris

...true to form, hours from the auction ending???

Ebay Q and A said:
Q: Is the car still for sale?
A: CAR IS NOT FOR SALE ANY MORE AS IT IS NO LONGER AS DESCRIBED.(SOME MECHANICAL PROBLEMS) PLEASE DO NOT BID!!!! THE CAR IS WITHDRAWN FROM SALE. APOLOGIES TO ALL WATCHERS AND BIDDERS

Cheers
Chris

it was sold off ebay for about $ 1000 , the noise was a timing belt tensioner squealing , we were top bidder , till he sold it :cry:

Gutted would of been a cheap car.....

Personally I smell a rat..

The whole "have a bet both ways" by having the car "no reserve".. then a (timely) mechanical issue that gives leave to the seller to cancel the auction if the bids aren't near the reserve in his head. Then immediately having a non ebay sale quite close to the approaching ending price that preclude any bidders from further negotiations.

Anyway just a hunch..

Citroen Xantia Activa Turbo Ct (1998) 5D Hatchback 5

22-12-10 with 5 days to run

This one looks interesting... but with rear end damage, pics yet to be posted.

Citroen Xantia Activa Turbo Ct (1998) 5D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Citroen-Xant...-/150536926645?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item230cb335b5

*Edit: Same seller has the car listed twice, this time with pics and 9 days to run $1500.00 buy it now or make an offer
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1998-Citroen...ryZ32636QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:
...rare car being a metal bumpered, series 1 GTi Turbo. That'd make a good project for someone.:)

He hasn't "looked underneath" since 2001 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: You'd be seriously wanting to get that sucker up on a hoist before you even dreamed of bidding :)

seeya,
Shane L.

22-12-10 with 5 days to run

This one looks interesting... but with rear end damage, pics yet to be posted.

Citroen Xantia Activa Turbo Ct (1998) 5D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Citroen-Xant...-/150536926645?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item230cb335b5

*Edit: Same seller has the car listed twice, this time with pics and 9 days to run $1500.00 buy it now or make an offer
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1998-Citroen...ryZ32636QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers
Chris

That doens't look like an easy fix to me, the tailgate doesn't even come close to lining up... it looks like the hole @sre end is bend downward a small amount, the door opening looks like it's out of shape and the bumper doesn't fit...... I think there will be some extensive damage hidden behind that little dent there :)

seeya,
Shane L.

He hasn't "looked underneath" since 2001 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: You'd be seriously wanting to get that sucker up on a hoist before you even dreamed of bidding :)

seeya,
Shane L.

If it was possible to safely get it on a hoist without folding in half! Although perhaps a four poster might do it.

Is it even an Activa - I was under the impression that Australia only got S2 cars!

Was this a BX 16v thread originally?

Na, the intention was for a 'spotted on Ebay' thread (Citroen cars or parts)... I check occasionally especially for parts and keep coming across some nice orphans.

The CT Turbo is advertised as an Activa, but I agree with Joel, may well not be the case?

Cheers
Chris

seeya,
Shane L.

If you assumed the worst you'd probably still be an optimist with that one, by Oz standards at any rate.

It may have shed the outer of the harmonic damper rather than snapping the belt. (Something to watch for if you own this model - mark it to see if the rubber is letting go) It's an early example, has done 270K, it's got some body damage and there is a reserve set for it, so the economics are probably rather suspect. However, you may get lucky and find it's just snapped a few of the rockers and the valves are OK.

Edit - Missed the bent piston bit??? = major work and you'd probably be better off with a used engine.

Last edited: