Citroen Ebay listings..

C6 bidding topped out at $9750, plus the fees - outcome pending.

Today on Gumtree

No Xantias or Xms (at all, at all), so thought I'd check the "Other" category.

'72 SM $79,990 yep, sounds about right
'57 DS 19 $45,000 OK - might be worth it (actually under DS, not "other")
'67 H van $38,000 seems to be the right ballpark
'86 2CV $28,500 fine, fine -
'83 2CV $26,500 both 2CVs restored/rebuilt
'65 AMI6 $52,500 o_O Say - what?

Last edited:
Today on Gumtree

Or today on Gumtree, a one-family-owned early GS 1220 Convertisseur straight out of the barn - project or parts - for $1500.

wow thats a rare and decent looking resto opportunity. nice. If I was near it...

That GS would be an excellent project. Been stored in a barn not in an open paddock. Too far for me.

wow thats a rare and decent looking resto opportunity. nice. If I was near it...
Rare indeed. Its a 1972! GS 1220 convertisseur. Has a glove box lid which to my mind would probably be an private import from Europe. I don't believe the 1220s were sold here till 1973?
A good looking project for some one

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wooroolin/cars-vans-utes/citroen-gs-1220-sedan/1263935273
not sure about the year quoted being necessarily true; our 1974 connoisseur (-originally) wagon had same lockable glovebox and ashtray ... etc., etc. ... looking closely the one difference is our oil filler lid having been plastic, IIRC ... have the numbers been registered, Bruce? unfortunately my beloved won’t see past the patina ... CB aside, it looks very unmolested and original.

Last edited:
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wooroolin/cars-vans-utes/citroen-gs-1220-sedan/1263935273
not sure about the year quoted being necessarily true; our 1974 conn(vert)isseur ( originally) wagon had same lockable glovebox and ashtray ... etc., etc. looking closely the one difference is oil filler lid being plastic, IIRC ... have the numbers been registered, Bruce? unfortunately my beloved won’t see past the patina ... CB aside, it looks very unmolested and original.
The ribbed panel between steering wheel and dash, the lack of dash padding, and early door mirror would all indicate it’s an early one. No numbers for the Register, I can’t see a plate in the normal spot for later vehicles, and I haven’t contacted the vendor (might be too tempted to buy it if I do :) ).

it would be a shamejob to part out!
Looks like the plastic, rather than rubber dash, and wider front seats same as the early 1015s. I wasn't aware that there where 1220s made with this interior. So if the badge is correct, there must have a short period where Citroen was producing 1220s with the original interior.

Lack of wear on the drivers seat would suggest the low kms are correct.
Probably the most interesting example of a GS I've seen so far. Very cool :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I saw one same colour at Peter McLeods Darlinghurst Garage in 2000. I think it's the same car.

LHD and miles on the speedo rather than kilometres, so probably an import from USA.? impressive looking vehicle alright.

Today on Gumtree

As of today, the SM, the H van and the 2 x 2CVs are still for sale, but the DS19 and the AMI6 have disappeared. I wonder if they sold?

If they did sell, I am curious to know if the AMI sold for anything like the asking price. Surely they are not in that league?

Still no Xantias or Xms...