Citroen Ebay listings..

Projects have never been my forté, as I have little to no time for DIY antics that go beyond simple characteristics, adjustments and repairs - I get the professionals for that sort of thing.

I would only get it for parts, and there's a terrible lot of them from what I saw. The owner is quite mechanically-minded.

I bought my CX wagon from the same chap. You still have to hire a trailer to drag it onto, but he's certainly got a vehicle that'll tow it off his front yard.

There is one mystery bid on eBay already. As much as I would love to have that as a project, I won't go into a bidding war for it.
I have got a GS wagon that I could restore for less effort ( probably needs just a paintjob and couple of little mechanical bits to sort out) if I desperately needed an economical wagon. Though, GS wagon would probably fit inside the mighty CX :)

There is one mystery bid on eBay already. As much as I would love to have that as a project, I won't go into a bidding war for it.
I have got a GS wagon that I could restore for less effort ( probably needs just a paintjob and couple of little mechanical bits to sort out) if I desperately needed an economical wagon. Though, GS wagon would probably fit inside the mighty CX :)

Sold for $465.00 anyone here?

Cheers
Chris

I hate this thread, as I have a spare car space at the moment....:nownow:

(Re the C5 a couple of posts up ...)
In my limited experience, every cam belt failure I can recall has been because something else failed rather than the cam belt simply snapping. All of the failures I can recall have been due to water pump or tensioner failures or the auxiliary belt came loose first and made the cam belt skip a few teeth.

All of these are more likely due to neglect or lack of awareness rather than being plain unlucky.
![/QUOTE]

Hey David,....this worries me. How the hell can a loose auxilary belt make the Cam Belt "skip a few teeth".:confused:
Forgive me but this sounds extremely unlikely/improbable/impossible. The cambelt is housed in a protective casing and cannot come into contact at all with the accessory belt. If the cam belt was loose then "maybe" there was a timing problem on the horizon anyway.
A seizure of the water pump or tensioner pulley could do it, but not the auxillary belt. :nownow:

BTW. One thing I found on my Xantia was that you cannot use the timing marks on the harmonic balance when timing the cambelt because over time the harmonic balance slips out of timing alignment from the belt action caused from driving the HP pump. The pump resists the torque from the H'balance as it switches in and out and this creates the slippage in the H'balance, so it goes out in regard to the timing marks.
I had to ignore the H'bal timing marks and go by the crank position, as it cannot 'go out'. The crank position can be determined by the woodruff key position , approx 3 or 4 o'clock.
Had I followed the manual and believed the markings on the H'bal I would have killed the engine as soon as I started it up.
Just something to watch out for.
Cheers...George 1/8th:headbang::banana:

Yeah. I now have a challenge of finding space for all the parts and preparing a reasonably dry storage for the body.

Great result kimmo, nice to see genuine commitment :wink2:

For what it's worth, D(very)Special is housed in one of those carport things you buy from Supercheap $176.00 complete with full sides front and back zip doors, I've dynabolted it to the pavers and so far it has handled all the big winds and storms Brisbane has thrown at it. The D fits with enough room to open doors on both sides, and a few metres front and back, I reckon it would make a good makeshift spray-booth :wink2:

attachment.php

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• Carport.jpg
    Carport.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,946
Chris - won't it be too humid to spray in there? Afterall, it's a giant hothouse?

I keep on telling my mate that, who has a similar set up (painting his MX5) - I suppose the results will show?

Chris - won't it be too humid to spray in there? Afterall, it's a giant hothouse?

I keep on telling my mate that, who has a similar set up (painting his MX5) - I suppose the results will show?

Actually it's not too bad in that respect, but you'd still be waiting for ideal weather conditions, something we haven't seen for close to 12 months in Brisbane (I'm still waiting). I would still remove panels and say paint two doors and a rear guard at any one time... quite illegal of course :nownow:

Cheers
Chris

1998 Xantia Estate Car on eBay current 14hrs to go

Does anyone have an opinion about the auto box issue on this car? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290516614573&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'm kinda 'not' interested in bidding but if I came across one later on down the track (ie, closer to home and I magically gain some more workspace etc etc) then possibly yes. I'm just wondering about what the 'range of gremlins' are in these.....
The ZF box shouldn't be playing up at those miles should it??

Unfortunately, there is always more to the picture than meets the eye....

My 98 sedan wreck has the AL4, and as far as I know all series 2 in Aus (as this wagon is) had the AL4.

Great result kimmo, nice to see genuine commitment :wink2:

For what it's worth, D(very)Special is housed in one of those carport things you buy from Supercheap $176.00 complete with full sides front and back zip doors, I've dynabolted it to the pavers and so far it has handled all the big winds and storms Brisbane has thrown at it. The D fits with enough room to open doors on both sides, and a few metres front and back, I reckon it would make a good makeshift spray-booth :wink2:

attachment.php

Cheers
Chris

I see a shed in the background ..... Empty crap out of the shed and put the DS in there :) Maybe the crap from the shed can go into the carport thingy .... I've found they last about 30seconds in the open :clown: ... You however look nice and sheltered there from the wind :)

I bought a 6 x 3metre gazibo a few years ago, it came with 4 "nails" and 4 pieces of string to tie it down with.... I could break the string between my hands :eek: Yes a 6 x 3meter sail area and 4 nails and twine :roflmao:. I went and purchased 6 enormous tent pegs and 6 rope annexe tiedowns with the built in spring tensioners. That kept it there for a couple of months until it destroyed itself in a gust of wind.

seeya,
Shane L.

eBay

Thankyou for this. I get the strong impression that the modern french cars are decidedly delicate and no where near as long lived as previous models. The temptation to press 'buy' can be compelling though unwise in most cases.

I have had 3 Xantias with a standard hydraulic suspension and manual gearbox. They gave no problems at all. The one with hydractive suspension and the automatic box had problems with - yes - hydractive suspension and the ZF gearbox (only the cable and the linkage though).
Admittedly, the bad one was 15 years old and the other ones no more than 5 year old :)

£19,000.00, 33 bids and not hit reserve. [4 hours to end]

Even if it doesn't sell it's good to see some healthy bidding :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Ended without a result £20,100.00 39 bids, did not reach reserve...

Cheers
Chris